• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Old photos of my Horse.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
This is me and my horse 'Roana' she was a strawberry roan mare.

41081Roanagivesmeabigkiss.jpg

It didn't matter where she was in the field as soon as I called her or she would see me she would come cantering over.

41081.jpg

I use to work on this stable yard, I'd sweep that yard from one end to the other and muck horses out and it was hard work but I loved every minute of it.

19873.jpg

This is Roana with her best friend and stable mate 'Breezy' who was a fantastic jumper although she had only one eye.

April19883.jpg

This is Roana at a local horse show in the Summer of 1975, you can't miss her as she's the biggest horse in the line.

Summer1975JeanetteAscroftno29atStan.jpg

Roana waiting at the gate to come in.

January1988RoanainPaddockwithBreezy.jpg

Me on my friends horse 'Chisholm' in 1992. Chisholm was a Blackpool landau horse and my friend bought him to save him from having to pull landaus along the Prom ever again. He was about 17'hands high.

29292MeonChisholm.jpg

It was 21 years ago on November 5th since I had to have her pts as she was very old and had emphysemia she was well over 30.My 22 years with her were by far the best years of my life and I still miss her today so very much. In my attic I have her saddle and bridle, grooming kit, hay net's and even her water buckets and feeding buckets. I just couldn't part with any of it.

Winter1978.jpg

Love you Roana forever
horse9.gif

:cry: that made me cry.... she was beautiful, i have that kind of relationship with winston, we just click and whenever im sad he always cheers me up.

She was beautiful :love: xxx

Oh my goodness, I have a strawberry roan mare called Roana!

Your Roana was stunning :love::love: What a wonderful bond you two seemed to have.

Cerys :)

Oh my goodness, I have a strawberry roan mare called Roana!

Your Roana was stunning :love::love: What a wonderful bond you two seemed to have.

OMG that is strange you having a strawberry roan mare with the same name.

We did have a wonderful bond she was very protective of me and we use to play hide and seek, I would hide she would find me and rear up with excitement when she saw me. I use to take the snaffle bit out of her bridle and ride her without it I absolutely loved her and she would constantly give me big sloppy kisses.
Having to say goodbye to her before she was pts was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but at least she wasn't shot.
Although I would have loved another horse there could never have been another to take her place. Miss her very much. :cry:

OMG that is strange you having a strawberry roan mare with the same name.

We did have a wonderful bond she was very protective of me and we use to play hide and seek, I would hide she would find me and rear up with excitement when she saw me. I use to take the snaffle bit out of her bridle and ride her without it I absolutely loved her and she would constantly give me big sloppy kisses.
Having to say goodbye to her before she was pts was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but at least she wasn't shot.
Although I would have loved another horse there could never have been another to take her place. Miss her very much. :cry:

Aww that brought a tear to my eye! You had a very special bond.

Back