• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anti-social Rabbits?

H Maughan

Mama Doe
Hi! :) I know rabbits are supposed to be sociable creatures, but Dillan often leads me to doubt this. He seems to like having lots of alone time, often chilling out under my bed, occupying himself by nibbling on cardboard boxes etc.. I'm not particularly worried but I just think its rather odd as he knows where I am and chooses not to come out for cuddles, strokes or treats.
He's also quite territorial of his little den under there, despite him being neutered he'll grunt and growl if I go under there to retrieve something or tidy it up a bit :shock:
Does anyone else have a loner bun like me?
Helen xx

Last edited:
Yes blossom is very happy by herself, when she is out and we are in the same room she just sits under the table, if we go out of the room or are out of sight (on the bed) she flies around the room vandalising whatever she can! She seems happy so i just leave her to it!

Rabbits have quite good sense so I'm sure he knows exactly where you are even if he doesn't look like he's hanging out with you. I'm sure he likes to have you around even if he's not massively expressive about it like a dog might be.

I have Sky, Star and Sandy, they are my loner buns and are all very happy. I have other single buns but think they are generally bondable, they just haven't yet met the right friend.

Back