• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutches

eco mum

Young Bun
I have two bunnies a lop eared dwalf and a x lion head who live indoors.
I am moving house on friday to a house with a garage and on rainy days i would like to put them in a hutch in the garage.

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/double-and-triple-rabbit-hutches.php

I have seen these which i like but for my two do think the double layer would be ok or would you go for the triple. i do have a pen to go round it so that they can come out of the bottom.

Or any other ideas would be great.

:wave: Can you give us a bit more information, I'm not clear on exactly why you need a hutch for your new garage...what do your buns live in and exercise in at the moment, and where are you planning to have them live and exercise in after you move house? I'm not clear on why they would only be going in the hutch on rainy days? Any more info you can give will help us to give you some ideas :)

I'ts mainly for cleaning days somewere for them to go whilst i'm busy. i have an 11 month old who thinks there great and still in training to leave them alone. I need also to get my garden sorted, it is fully enclosed but i need to spend time in it to sure it is safe for them. Also for when when were away so then they can live in it for a few days with out people coming into the house to look after them.
It is a cluster of things really. they will be in a pen in the garage whilst the move is going on because i don't want then to get stressed out with the boxes and banging.

I think its great, its a good alternative to the house, you sound like you have it all well planned out, double or trebble looks good, especially if they love to climb like mine do

That hutch looks really nice AND they make them 6ft which is good. I've got a two tier Ryedale hutch which is 6x2x2 for my two medium sized monsters.

I agree on the fact that you sound very organised:) Just bear in mind that if you are also using the garage for a car, the fumes aren't good for our furry friends;)

The car wont be in there, i just think sometimes the rabbits need a bit of piece and quiet and in my house there isn't much of that until all my boys are in bed. i do have a run for outside but i would never leave them in it with out suppervising them. So a hutch in the garage seemed a better idea. Even though they will be coming in at night because i would miss them too much, i have my cuddles at night when all is quiet.

Back