• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaseline

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Can I use vaseline on Snowdrops lip? The bottom one is very dry from the burn and is starting to go crusty. She has a vets appointment for tomorrow after work so hopefully the vet will be able to give me something but in the meantime would vaseline work???

Can I use vaseline on Snowdrops lip? The bottom one is very dry from the burn and is starting to go crusty. She has a vets appointment for tomorrow after work so hopefully the vet will be able to give me something but in the meantime would vaseline work???

Yes defo put some on

Is there any way you could get a Vet to see her today ?

Its just that electric burns can do more serious deep tissue damage than is visible from the outside :?

Is there any way you could get a Vet to see her today ?

Its just that electric burns can do more serious deep tissue damage than is visible from the outside :?

I'm guessing there is a likelihood too that she may have a burn in her mouth as well?

Poor Snowdrop :cry: Ive no advice but i do hope she will be ok... she doesnt have much luck bless her :( xXx

I spoke to the emergency vet who said all they would do today is give her painkiller and observe her. They said they would check her mouth and teeth tomorrow tomorrow. Even if she does have burns in her mouth (I can't see any when I look) would they be able to do anything about it?

I would not want my emergency vet doing a GA or sedation of her, I don't trust them enough.

I spoke to the emergency vet who said all they would do today is give her painkiller and observe her. They said they would check her mouth and teeth tomorrow tomorrow. Even if she does have burns in her mouth (I can't see any when I look) would they be able to do anything about it?

I would not want my emergency vet doing a GA or sedation of her, I don't trust them enough.

I missed the bit about her already having some analgesia.
Hopefully that will be enough to keep her comfortable til the morning

I missed the bit about her already having some analgesia.
Hopefully that will be enough to keep her comfortable til the morning

Thanks Jane. She has had two drops of the dog metacam and I will give her a bit more in the night if she needs it.

Back