• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hot ears????

Is he indoors? If so it might just be your heating or whatever. What's he like in himself? I wouldn't worry unless he seems under the weather.

hmm ive often wondered this because Oreo often has hot ears! Im not sure what it means - maybe they are just hot? - as mine are indoors..

Rabbits are predisposed to get rid of any excess heat through their ears, so if your rabbit has been charging around playing they may rest and their ears will feel warm. However, they can also feel hotter than normal if there is an underlying infection, so just keep an eye out for any other symptoms that may lead you to beleive it could be that.

thanks. they are indoor buns , coco's are cool and rexys are warm. i was slightly worried yesterday about rexy snuffing air out of his nose really loudly but put it down to me being thick and putting a plug in air freshener in the room that they are in, but he is behaving quite normal. eating , pooping and binkying, his nose is not wet or anything.
i will keep a close eye on him
thanks x

Back