• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rules on advertising?

RubyGordy

Alpha Buck
Can someone clarify the rules on advertising for me please?

As far as I'm aware you can post a link to your website in your sig and you can offer things for sale if you are a forum supporter.

I see people regularly 'pushing' their products to people who ask about where to find them on here who aren't forum supporters. I thought this wasn't allowed? Is it allowed if you offer to donate a percentage to charity/rescues?

I run a small business already but thinking about retail selling to keep myself afloat!

Cheers

Yes, you may have a link in your signature and sell items via the for sale category. The later isn't designed for businesses to list their entire stock/run a shop via the forum though.

If you see people plugging products repeatedly in posts you can report it for us to remove/warn to user. We'd probably ignore a one off mention go by in a otherwise helpful post from user that usually posts non selling content but it's not okay for someone to plug their own business every time a related topic came up.

If you want to donate a portion to charity that should go in the fundraising section following the appropriate rules.

Back