• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anything else I can do?

peediepixie

Mama Doe
After losing my babies Willow and Rowan, I am thinking to get an adult rabbit to keep Sammy company. I wasn't going to get another rabbit after everything that has happened but I think for Sammy I need to. He has had a 28 day course of panacur. He is vaccinated. Is there anything else I can do to try and keep a new rabbit safe? :(

I'd proably say go get one from a rescue. That way they should be vaccinated and wormed, neutered as well so risks will be minimal. There won't be a gap bewtween you getting the bunny and the vaccinations happening :wave:

I would suggest getting a rescue bunny too.

I'm not familiar with the losses you have suffered, do you know what caused them?

Sky-O-
I found Willow, a month after we got her, lying twisted in the hutch, unable to get up with her neck skewed backwards. I took her to the vet who suspected she had a broken neck but I wondered afterwards if it might have been EC. I had noticed her losing weight in the previous few days but I just thought Sammy was being greedy so was trying to feed her seperatley and get her to gain some weight. On hidsight she was much more 'dopey' and didn't fight at all when being picked up etc but I thought it was because she was getting used to being handled. Hindsight is great but totally useless:cry:.
My rabbit Sammy drinks a lot so I wondered if he may have symptoms of EC, so I have treated him with Panacur.
Rowan was found dead in the run a few weeks after we got her. Not idea what happened. I had being treating her with panacur just incase.
Before I got either of the babies Sammy was bonded with Elsa who was around 3 years old. A few months after putting Sammy in with her she started losing weight and I noticed her becoming less coordinated. Again, she was found dead in the run. This combined with Willow especially, makes me suspect that Sammy may have EC...

Last edited:
Back