• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Want to see a Bearded Dragon in the bath?

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
To keep skin lovely and supple and help with shedding you need to bathe bearded dragons every couple of weeks. And it's relly cute. :D

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

And back relaxing in his vivarium.
S7000415.jpg

S7000416.jpg

I love the bath pictures:love::love:

What are they like as pets? Do you stroke them? May be stupid questions (sorry) but I am really intrigued.

he is lovely we have a beardie called bob :} must admit he isnt keen on water so he gets sprayed with the water sprayer x

He is gorgeous. Must have missed Bob when we were last there Tina, would have loved to have seen him, we've had a couple come to stay before.

I love the bath pictures:love::love:

What are they like as pets? Do you stroke them? May be stupid questions (sorry) but I am really intrigued.

They're really weird pets for me as I've only ever owned rabbits and chinchillas and lived with countless dogs and cats and hamsters... Reptiles are completely different in their lifestyle and needs. Genghis is a little mad though.. he gets really hyperactive whenever there are bugs around and recognises the containers they're in. He runs around and skids on the floor and jumps up at the side of the vivarium. When there's no live food around and he's calm I stroke him and I pick him up and he'll sit on my lap for strokes for a few minutes.

I let him out every now and then, but I can't do it for very long as he needs his heat lamp. He's a fantastic jumper and can clear the sofa from arm to arm. :lol:

They're one of the only omnivorous lizards and will eat leafy greens, carrots etc as well as his crickets, locust and the occasional wax worm (moth larvae) when he's fully grown his diet should consist of 80% veg and 20% bugs, but he loves them so much I don't see that happening.

He'll be getting a 4 foot vivarium over Christmas.

Thanks for that info. I've only had cats, dog, bunnies etc too. Don't think I could feed something bugs, I'm too squemish:lol:

Hope he enjoys his vivarium when he gets it.

Everything I've read just says it helps them when they're shedding, plus he loves it.

There is a lot of conflicting information on the web, especially about exotic pets. A lot of people do give them baths for a number of reasons. On one forum people will be against it where as on another they believe they need it. Just like chinchillas. In America everyone is completely against feeding fresh food and believe it can harm the chinchilla's digestive system, whereas in Britain a lot of people believe it is beneficial to them.

Back