• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of Set Ups

IMG_7353-1.jpg

Never had refered aggresion with my original 4some, who eventually bonded and shared this setup together. However, the ones I have now did :( So it all depends on the buns in question

at one time I had 4 different bunnies/groups that shared the same patio for a running space - used to take me all day swapping them around :shock: Now I've just got a group of girls and a single, neutered, girl hating boy, so it's perfectly do-able :D Main thing is to make sure they can't bite each other through the wire - I put boards up around my hutch so they can't see each other whilst having a run, otherwise they go mad trying to kill each other :roll:

the girls live in a shed, which opens onto the patio, and the boy lives in a very large double hutch which is set back from the patio so there are 2 layers of fencing in between him and the girls, just to be safe - he nearly died the last time they got to him :shock: the patio is fenced off from the garden so it's easy to clean - which is important when you have more than one set sharing a running space because their favourite thing in the world is pooing and peeing on each other's pee/poo pile - trying to outdo each other in stink :lol: Saves on cleaning litter trays out though :D

I have a pair and single in my room. I have just put an NIC fence up in the middle of the room covered with blankets so they can't see each other. They are free range each side.

Here's my set up for my 2 pairs

IMG_1682.jpg

They have a board between the runs so they cant see each other cos we have refered aggression issues.

We used to have two separate pairs in the same shed. They had a run each side and shared the interior (but separated)

Left run:

run2.jpg

Right run:

14.jpg

Shared Interior (image originally to show how it came apart for cleaning which is why bits disappear)

newshed.gif

More pics here.

Luckily we never had any aggression issues despite both pairs being able to see each other.

We used to have two separate pairs in the same shed. They had a run each side and shared the interior (but separated)

Left run:

run2.jpg

Right run:

14.jpg

Shared Interior (image originally to show how it came apart for cleaning which is why bits disappear)

newshed.gif

More pics here.

Luckily we never had any aggression issues despite both pairs being able to see each other.

Wow, I love this set up!!!!

Here is what is left of my garden:
garden.jpg

I have two pairs, one pair are in the hutch and run in the center of the picture, the other pair are in the shed and aviary style run behind that. (The hutch at the bottom of the picture is the spare). The hutch in the middle of the picture I designed specifically so that it has no windows facing the other run, the window faces towards the house so that they can't see each other. When they do see each other it causes problems as they all start chasing each other. I would definately recommend placing the hutches back to back if you can and then having the runs going off in opposite directions.

Here's another angle to make it easier to picture
roojoeyrun.jpg

(Since this was taken I have boarded up the area you see under the hutch so they can't see each other through that)

Last edited:

Left run:

run2.jpg

Right run:

14.jpg

newshed.gif

More pics here.

That set up is tipping the balance towards a shed I can tell you, its fabby. Wish I new a chippy near me who could quote me for it :D

Back