• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aviary panels and this weather

Julia123

Warren Veteran
How is everyone getting on with their aviary panels.... I boarded the aviary section of my dog kennel and run up tonight.... got fed up with flapping plastic sheeting and rain getting in through top of door ect.... it doesn't look very nice though....:roll: but buns have an extra 'dry' area as the only area to keep dry before was the kennel section... might put a floor in now..... might as well have bought a shed !! :lol::lol::lol:

I found the plastic rubbish... stuck with it for a year but the rain was just getting in through the door top and sides.... took some pics

Before

d.jpg

After

run2-1.jpg

I know it look nasty but will keep bunnies dry and maybe in the summer I wil tongue & groove it - was something I decided to do on spur of moment at 6pm tonight ! :shock:

We haven't had that much rain here...mine are only damp on the floor from rain running underneath, and the rabbits don't seem to bother

I just have corrugated plastic on the roof but of course lots of rain blows in from the sides. They have some shelter inside the run and they could of course use the hutch too (yeah right :roll:)

I just have corrugated plastic on the roof, the floor gets wet from the sides but the bunnies don't actually get wet except for the bottoms of their feet so are fine :)

I've got a clear tarpaulin across the front of my aviary - it's 8x10, so there's an extra couple of foot at the bottom that trails onto the floor, stopping rain from running back inside the aviary floor.

I might need to put a shower curtain or something across the door on the side though in really heavy rain, to stop it coming in that side.

I have a clear corrugated plastic roof so they get plenty of sunlight in the day. At night and in the rain I have a huge tarp around the front, that I roll back up in the morning/dry. I've got more tarps around the back to protect them from the elements.

They have hutches in there too with one door open, tunnels, etc to shelter in.
:wave:

Back