• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a video of Pearl..opinons please

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
how do you think shes looking??? the panting has gone a bit but her breathing is fast/deep in her new usual way :cry:

if you keep the sound on you will hear me tell ralph to go down, he always comes and sits at the top of the stairs which worries pearl a little bit, hes so bloody clingy ste was still in the room with him :roll::roll:

just after she lay down and i turned the camera off she coughed/snorted a few times :cry::cry:

Her breathing effort is fairly marked and she has a good heave line (where her sides go in and out and she breathes) but she looks happy enough and is acting normally.

is she on diuretics?

Her breathing effort is fairly marked and she has a good heave line (where her sides go in and out and she breathes) but she looks happy enough and is acting normally.

is she on diuretics?

yup we have a months supply and shes on two seperate heart drugs too as well as bisolvn to open the airways.. this is an improvment from 2 weeks ago but a down day compared to two days ago :(

You can see her breathing is off but she seems quite happy and bright in herself in that clip.

I was impressed by how she bounded over to you when you called her and jumped on the bed :love: To me she looks happy even if her breathing is fast at times.

I was impressed by how she bounded over to you when you called her and jumped on the bed :love: To me she looks happy even if her breathing is fast at times.

i thought the sound was off or id have not spoke :lol::lol::lol: she was watching for the dog so i needed to get her to move lol

you can call from downstairs and her ears ***** and she runs to the gate at the top of the stairs :love::love::love::love:

im scared im being cruel by keeping her alive but she is really happy too :? :cry::cry::cry:

I think that's the bit I'd be working on. If she looked miserable it would be wrong. She felt up to jumping on the bed - if that kind of thing took too much out of her she would stop doing it.

i guess ill be torturing myself over if im doing the right thing with my girl until the day she tells me she cant take no more..

just dont want to be responsible for a suffering bunny, want her to go with happy memories :cry:

i don't want to open that 'fighting illness' can of worms, but what i found really good, when my first bun Charlie developed an inoperable abcess, was to decide with the vet an 'end point' i.e. what signs/symptoms/complications indicated the end of the road and time to PTS. then i didnt have to worry that she was suffering or constantly re-evaluate if it was ok to carry on.

maybe this would be a goodidea for you?

She looks great to me - if I hadn't read about her illness and wasn't looking to see the heavy breathing, I'm not sure I'd have noticed. I really hope that the new set of drugs really help and that you have a good long period of quality time left with your beloved Pearl :)

i don't want to open that 'fighting illness' can of worms, but what i found really good, when my first bun Charlie developed an inoperable abcess, was to decide with the vet an 'end point' i.e. what signs/symptoms/complications indicated the end of the road and time to PTS. then i didnt have to worry that she was suffering or constantly re-evaluate if it was ok to carry on.

maybe this would be a goodidea for you?

the vet has already told me that when she just lies there and has no interest in food and life generally then its time. shes also already told me the medication shes on is it, nothing else to try when she deteriorates further. i know what i should be looking for but i have a niggle that its my selfish desire keeping her alive and without bunny illness experience i dont really know when its quality over quantity at this point in time. hope that makes sense.

i post videos because i want people with bunny experience to see how she is appearing to cope in her home environment, when the vet saw her the other week she was very very bad and i was sure shed be gone within the week and judging by the converstaion we had and the vets sad look she felt it too.. then she appears better, then she goes down, then she appears better.. worse than a rollercoster in this house

i just need honest opinions on if people think im letting her suffer, at the moment seeing the pillow she just destroyed and seeing her weight hasnt changed in 5 weeks im happy shes not suffering at the moment, and the comments on this thread are telling me what i think i know but am unsure about :?:oops:

its all rambling now isnt it :oops::oops:

I actually thought she was breathing well too hun :D
Lionel is much much worse than this, i am going to take him back to the vets next week as i am not happy with an undiagnosed condition like this, i have a feeling he is suffering the same as pearl.

I actually thought she was breathing well too hun :D
Lionel is much much worse than this, i am going to take him back to the vets next week as i am not happy with an undiagnosed condition like this, i have a feeling he is suffering the same as pearl.

oh i really hope not :cry::cry::cry:

im sure you wont need to suggest drugs but this vetmedin seems to be really working if your vets try treating for a heart issue.

ive read up on it too... its great for dogs apparently

fingers crossed he feels better soon, i luvs lionel :love::love:

i guess ill be torturing myself over if im doing the right thing with my girl until the day she tells me she cant take no more..

just dont want to be responsible for a suffering bunny, want her to go with happy memories :cry:

I'm no expert but she certainly doesn't look to be suffering from that clip....I'm sure if she was uncomfortable/in pain she wouldnt have sprinted over and launched herself onto the bed like that.

Back