• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Now I know...

VickiP

Wise Old Thumper
:D:wave: Hello I have just noticed as she wee'd on her mat under her food bowl and I could clearly see it that the new adopted doe Ness has wee very similar in colour to 'Bailey's' the drink - I have looked at other threads regarding urine and have removed her brocolli but, she already had parsley this morning, she is fine in herself but, I don't like the look of the wee. Its very fluid and after reading other threads I put my fingers in to see if I could feel gritty/chalky but, it's quite watery not thick or gritty just a milky baileys colour. Is this normal - I feel awful because she did a wee on the paving in her run the day after I got her and it was like this but, I thought it was scent marking as Gizmo was running around outside the run sniffing etc-she is going to the vet on Tuesday anyway for a health check so do I just reduce her calcium till then?

Last edited:
My rabbit's wee changes colour from the 'baileys' shade you described to red. I think it can be quite variable depending on what they've eaten so hopefully it's nothing but if you're going to the vet anyway then you can mention it then.

Thanks v much - I haven't seen it before, I was hoping this was the case, the other threads when I did a search seemed to describe more 'tippex' type wee and they weren't panicking, she is totally fine in herself, very bright and active and no worries on appetite but, just popped in the shed and could clearly see it on the mat - I have syringed it up and put it in a container - do you know how long the sample would be viable for testing? I suppose even if they can't test it they can see the colour. Thanks for replying. Will just feed some lower calcium foods tonight instead of the spring greens and parsley.

I wouldnt worry unnecessarily,I wouldnt say it needs a vets assistance urgently but you can mention it next time your there.Its very fluid,as long as its not like toothpaste.Normal bunny wee can vary from milky to red [thats a panic if you've never seen/heard of it before!!]

I wouldnt worry unnecessarily,I wouldnt say it needs a vets assistance urgently but you can mention it next time your there.Its very fluid,as long as its not like toothpaste.Normal bunny wee can vary from milky to red [thats a panic if you've never seen/heard of it before!!]

:wave: Cheers, I will mention it on Tuesday when she gets an MOT.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: OH just came in and saw the sample in a shot glass and said "where did this chicken stock come from, what's it for"? To be fair it's covered with clingfilm - I was very tempted to say smell it ! It has taken on the appearance of stock now the 'sedement seems to be at the bottom' with ordinary wee wee on top :lol::lol:

If it looks like Baileys then it sounds like sludgy urine. This can be quite painful for the bunny to pass and she may also have an infection. She needs to see a vet for pain relief and possibly some baytril. They may also want to x-ray her bladder to see if there is a build of crystals, good luck :wave:

Back