• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Woodlands Rabbit Food and Forage

there have been threads about this range and i wouldn't recomend it as there have been health issues discussed.

REALLY :shock::shock: what sort of health issues are associated?

looking at the ingredients, it certainly contains alot less sugar than excel, and contains slightly more fibre :?

:wave:I think the concerns related to sticks containing Eucalyptus ?? I feed the salad mix (only about a tablespoon as a sprinkle on hay) every other day and it's nom nommed - the ingredients all looked fine on that packet. Hope it's OK - I haven't had any probs - (touches wood).:)

I have never brought this product but have brought the woodrolls, hayrolls, alfalfa rings and bales and other treats and not had a problem. I believe there is something containing eucalyptus though :?

hmmm... I don't know now!! Some people have had problems, where others haven't. :?

I might buy a small bag to try out first. Everything in the ingredient list of the pellet food looks very natural, and doesn't contain anything buns shouldn't eat?

hmmm... I don't know now!! Some people have had problems, where others haven't. :?

I might buy a small bag to try out first. Everything in the ingredient list of the pellet food looks very natural, and doesn't contain anything buns shouldn't eat?

I have been using it for a while now scattered on hay and havent had any problems. I also use a few other things from the range.

I looked at this range when it came out and was tempeted.... until I saw bunnies and piggies together on some of the packaging..... with this product I decided that it was no more than pellets mixed with herbage and I didn't want my buns to have pellets they weren't used to.... could make your own for 1/4 of the price ;)

Are you thinking of feeding the salad mix as a little treat sprinkled on some hay? That would be fine I think. I haven't had any probs with it - the ingredients are clearly listed. Its the Eucalyptus sticks I think you have to avoid.

Back