• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't tell whether they like each other?

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Here is a video of my buns today... I have Ruby inside a run and Ralphy running free in the garden. I've been swapping their hutches every day and it seems to have made a change. Ralphy was constantly biting her until I started swapping their living quarters, now he seems slightly different. They touch noses, but then occasionally they jump away as if one has bitten the other. It's also like a half nip half lick? I also can't tell who is dominant?

Does anybody have a clue or could give me any information about what they're doing?

The video is boring until about 1 minute 16 seconds and then they start touching noses through the run bars. It's terrible quality because I filmed it on my phone.

http://www.vimeo.com/7726141

I don't know what they are doing but it looks very cute. Maybe they're trying to groom each other and are pulling whiskers by accident?

I think it looks like they want to get to know each other more :)

I don't think they will sort out who is in charge until they are properly together. They are still being a bit territorial, but they don't look very aggresive to me and I've seen rabbits who are being aggresive through bars trust me :lol:

Cute video!:)

It doesn't look as though they're being aggressive, to me it looks as though they were trying to groom each other. :)

Thanks for commenting guys, that's really heartened me and gives me hope, because Ralph was originally boxing and nipping her through the bars before I started swapping their hutches. I'm just wondering whether they're trying to sort out dominance because one of their heads seems on top and then they swap. Is it the one who licks the other who is the subservient one?

When they put their head down low it is a sign of submission but when they both love each other they will both groom each others heads anyway.

How rabbits react when in their own territory with another bun visiting next to the bars isn't necessarily a good way to judge how they will react. They're not going for each other so that's a positive but the only way to know is to take the plunge and introduce them somewhere neutral :)

aww that looks so cute! my two bunneis are a bit like that when they meet through the bars, but not quite as nice to each other.

Back