• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone have house buns and young children?

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
The arrival of Oscar, see my thread in GC, has got me thinking about how it works having a house bun and small children.

My children are nearly 4 and 6 and very, very good with buns.

Anyone else on here have house buns and young children? How does it work?

I need answers before O/H gets home.:roll::lol:

Scamp lives in the kitchen with a child stairgate to keep him in. The kids live on the other side :lol: He comes out to play with them but only supervised.

i have a ten yr whos fine with them and i look after my nephew alot hes only 10 months old doc and beth lov chinning him, they just run orf when he gets a lil over excited, but this is only when supervised they are never left alone

When I had house bunnies both my children were under 5. 3 and 1 to be a better way of putting it. We were always fine. But slight tip remove all things wooden from buns reach. I had an 'accident' with a toy library toy once. :oops:

Hiya,
My son is 5 and he is generally fine with them, but when his friends come round I have to either shut the rabbits in the kitchen or in their cage. The other kids are just not used to being gentle and also are not good at making sure doors and stair gates are closed. Think the buns would rather feel safe in their cage than chased by rowdy boys! My son is paranoid about them biting a cable as I have taught him that it would be very dangerous- that means that he is very good at keeping them out of anywhere they shouldn't be. I have to keep all the bunny treats out of his reach too, otherwise he would give them loads. I think it will be fine, as long as the buns have a safe haven where they can get away if they want to. I also don't let my son pick them up as his hands are so small and he's be sure to drop them. They absolutely love him and if he sits on the floor, they will jump on him and let him stroke them for ages.
Good luck!

hi i have a 2 year old and a house bunny they get on fine they are best of friends he gives her a kiss in morning when he gets up and before bed this is them :)
100_1319.jpg

Last edited:
Back