PDA

View Full Version : puppy pads

neenee
20-11-2009, 04:53 PM
are these okay to put in the bedding section underneath sawdust and straw??
neela is on her way to being litter trained but meanwhile she still pees her bed :oops:

Sky-O
20-11-2009, 04:54 PM
I use these with Rosie and she does fine with them. I wouldn't use them with a rabbit who chews though because there would be a significant risk of ingestion and blockage. Maybe try her under supervision and see how she goes?

Stephy
20-11-2009, 04:55 PM
I use them in all my hutches - it makes cleaning out so much easier! :D

neenee
20-11-2009, 05:06 PM
shes not really a chewer, a slight nibble here and there. Could i put vet beds in too? Its really cold down here in scotland atm and i worry about her getting cold, i know shes probably fine with straw and hay etc

Muppet2
20-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I've used puppy training pads with both of my two without any problems (but then neither of them are 'chewy' buns).

I'm sure it's OK to use vet bed now if that's what you want. But if Neela is still pee-ing in her bedding, you'll need to change it every day so you'll need two or three pieces AND be prepared to do a lot of washing!

CazScho
20-11-2009, 06:12 PM
I'd never thought of using puppy pads. As they smell to attract pups to pee on them, wouldn't a bunny be able to smell that too?

Sky-O
20-11-2009, 06:17 PM
I'd never thought of using puppy pads. As they smell to attract pups to pee on them, wouldn't a bunny be able to smell that too?

Not if my Rosie is anything to go by.

I use them in her hutch, all over so she has no choice, but when she comes into the living room for a run around I use strategically placed puppy pads, and yet she still wees wherever she likes.

neenee
20-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Shes only peeing slightly now and i change it everyday anyway :)
I never thought of the smell actually but your right :S
Ill lay it down on the floor of her run first, to see how she reacts to it

Muppet2
20-11-2009, 07:48 PM

I dont know if it attracts them but any smell hasnt put my two off! I used one on the sofa for awhile, under a throw, whilst Muppet was going through his phase of weeing there. Sooty's still marking her territory so I have puppy training pads under their profleece bedding (which is on the dining room floor) to protect the floor and give extra absorbency.

CazScho
20-11-2009, 08:04 PM
It was more as an offputting smell that I was thinking. Not sure how dog wee smells to other animals!

donnamt
20-11-2009, 08:14 PM
i used to use puppy pads in the carrier, but lou showed concern about them being injested so i thought it would be safer not to use them after all.

great for soaking up pee too :(

ChloeLawless
20-11-2009, 08:15 PM
this is such a good idea!
i only wish my two girls werent chompers cos they'd be great in paddy and sadies hutch and in lil's crate.

Ralph
22-11-2009, 05:33 PM
This is only my opinion but I wouldnt use them if I were litter training. Its a bit like training a puppy to wee on paper- you then have to train them to wee outside- surely eaiser to teach them to wee outside in the first place? With a bunny I would use them if I wasnt litter training, however if I was then wouldnt bother. I wouldnt want to train them to use the pads and not the tray! Hope that makes sense:lol:

neenee
22-11-2009, 05:38 PM
This is only my opinion but I wouldnt use them if I were litter training. Its a bit like training a puppy to wee on paper- you then have to train them to wee outside- surely eaiser to teach them to wee outside in the first place? With a bunny I would use them if I wasnt litter training, however if I was then wouldnt bother. I wouldnt want to train them to use the pads and not the tray! Hope that makes sense:lol:

yeah that makes perfect sense, shes nearly there so wouldnt want to spoil it :D thanks for all your replies, its been really helpful :)

capel
22-11-2009, 05:49 PM
I use puppy pads in my fosters' hutches, but have megazorb on top and then newspaper and hay. All my hutches' floors are covered with self adhesive floor tiles and wipe clean but I just find it easy to change the paper ever day, and then when I do the weekly deep clean I roll everything up in the puppy pad. Makes it so easy. I use the full size dog one though. I don't put them in the litter trays..this is in the sleeping area which is sometimes wee'd in.