• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hmmm...

capel

Warren Veteran
Over the years I've devised a system for cleaning the hutch with the minimum of effort. The hutch/ run combo has 3 litter trays and a petcarrier which I clean out at the same time, so I take a big rubber trug with me and empty every thing into the trug which I then empty into the wheelie bin which I've trundled up beside the hutch. I stood back to admire everything and give myself a pat on the back for doing a really mega clean in under 15 mins and then I went to put nice fresh hay in...That's when I'd discovered that I'd used the hay wheelie bin instead of the litter wheelie bin....:roll::evil::evil: Did I hear someone mention "senior moments"??:lol:

:lol: I'm so glad that wasn't me, but I like your methods (similar to some of mine).

How long did you spend having to sort it all out?

Fortunately there was only half a bale left and what was there was still tightly packed, so I managed to pull it out(had to lay the bin on its side and practically crawl in(!!) and manhandled it on to the top of the run. Then I shoogled it about and most of the megazorb etc dropped through to the run so I was able to sweep it up. The main problem is that some of my trio's scent will still be on the salvaged hay so I'll have to go up and get another load of hay for my fosters as I don't know how they would react to hay that's smelling of other buns!! It took me about half an hour to sort it all out though!

:lol: Don't envy you having to clean their fresh hay up!

I'm hoping they won't notice!! See you tonight Sandra! I'm wearing my usual trousers tonight , but I know Leanne and jo will be dressed up as they are hitting the town afterwards!! See you around 7pm.

Any other local forum members near Chester...
We are meeting up at La Tasca's, Cuppin Street Chester tonight if you want to join us!! Leanne, Bunnybabe, Webkath and batmobile ..oh and Kath's mum will be there

:lol: So long as you don't have hay all over your trousers!

I'll be driving so unlikely to hit town after the meal :( Can't cope staying out too late nowadays anyway. :lol::lol::lol:

See you later.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry Shouldnt laugh

I wont be staying out either I have the remains of a cold and two homechecks to do early tomorrow morning

AM I ever going to get there???? Had a bath, washed my hair and then remembered the washing was still out, so chucked on a dressing gown, wrapped my hair in a towel, shot out to the garden, brought the stuff in, put it upstairs on the airer and then went to try to do something about my hair ( bad pudding bowl haiorcut a few weeks back:roll:). Couldn't find my glasses! After a frantic search I found them in them in the peg bag(where else!!). Leanne's due here in about half an hour, so I'd better get a wriggle on! Hope everyone has as
nice a Friday evening as I intend to have!!:D

Give me 2 hours to get changed and 3hours to get up there :lol:

So wish I could come and join you :( We visited Chester in August and loved it.

Funny my OH has organise our garden better for composting bunny stuff to help speed things up. Its so reassuring to know I'm not the only senior moment sufferer.

Have a great evening all of you.

Does it make you feel better knowing I've done similar? 2 bin bags on the go, one with lovely fresh hay, the other with contents of 3 litter trays .... do I need to continue? :lol:

Back