• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does size matter?

TINKS30ish

Warren Scout
Does it matter what size bunnies are when you keep them together? I was hoping to be getting a french lop from on here, but i was talking to someone (not on here) and they said it was a bad idea to keep a french lop and a mini lop together!:(

i think people try to pair them up so they are generally the same size. that is what seems to happen on here anyway. :wave:

Size and age does not matter, just personality.

There was a thread on here a few weeks ago where people posted pics of their odd size couples, and there are a good few people with giant buns bonded with much smaller buns. I can't see it would be a problem as long as they have enough space and their personalities match.

I was extremely disappointed by the content of this thread after having been teased by the title :lol:

I'd have thought it depends on the characters, if you get a whopper-bun who is a bully, a little bun is going to struggle and possibly get hurt.

I was extremely disappointed by the content of this thread after having been teased by the title :lol:

I'd have thought it depends on the characters, if you get a whopper-bun who is a bully, a little bun is going to struggle and possibly get hurt.

Lmao that's what I thought (didn't wanna be the first to say though haha ;))

Hello. :wave:

I don't know for sure but I don't think it matters at all (don't all shout at me if I'm wrong! ;))
I think it's sex, neutering and bonding which is key to how well buns will live together.

I've seen heaps of photos of big buns with small buns....I can't see why there would be an issue. Bob came from a place where they had a whole variety of different buns that got along just fine.

Have seen your post about your potential adoption - yay! :)

LOL! Sorry ladies, But i had to get your attention some how!!! LOL.

Well flower- daisey is 8mths, bold and friendly towards all including the dogs (collies)
Lives inside and has the run of the kitchen (10ft x 15ft) She was neutered monday, so it will be awhile b4 they can play together.

And this is what is written about Rooney
FRENCH LOP RABBIT FOR REHOME

Neutered 18 month old White/grey male

Very friendly and used to cats,dogs and kids.

He has always lived inside and has the run of the conservatory.

Sound like a match?

Size is not important. Alot of people on here have giants bonded with smaller buns. I think he sounds fabulous! :wave:

I have a french lop female living with a mini lop female and they are inseperable:D. I also use to have a Continental giant living with a little wild bun I have and they too were inseperable. If they bond then they should be very good together.
Good luck:D

When I first got Dill he was 2.6kg & B was 4.6kg.There was no problem at all though Jill was abit worried that if they fell out B could do some serious damage.Now Dill is 3kg & B is 4.4kg so the weight issue is not as bad now....

Back