• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moo bit a hole in Liquorice's ear

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
they keep having these squabbles. I don't know that's wrong with them, they seem to do it when we come to feed them or have just fed them. Wonder if she thinks he's got something she hasn't. They lock onto each other and are whirling round in circles.

They've never done it when we're not there cos they leave big clumps of fur about when they're fighting!

Hope it doesn't escalate into divorce! Poor Liquorice!

:cry::cry::cry:

Maybe there's some connection with his weeing habits changing. I've heard of a bunny attacking it's partner if the partner is unwell - they sense they are weaker :?

Hope they are okay. *Sending Snuggles to the lovely Liquorice*

Jealousy maybe? Have you been fussing him more than normal? I have one bun in particular who loves his wifebun to bits just as long as I am not on the scene. I am his only and he must get my attention first.

Jealousy maybe? Have you been fussing him more than normal? I have one bun in particular who loves his wifebun to bits just as long as I am not on the scene. I am his only and he must get my attention first.

no not fussing either more than the other. I seperated them for abou 10 mins which usually works - but it didn't this time. She went for him again. So I took him off to the vets on his own (I usually take the pair) and then when I came home I kept him downstairs for a bit. When I put him back she was very happy to see him!

have you tired a wee car ride to calm things down? theo has a tendancy to steel ted's carrot, she gets really annoyed. you could also mayeb seperate them during and after feeding time for a few moments to see if that calms thing.

Yes, separate them for feedings and all should be well.
My buns whirl around when anything other than hay comes out-they get so excited! Fortunately, there is no nipping or fighting at all, but I know exactly what you mean with the way they can behave at dinner time. It's all about the food, so try splitting them up for feedings.
Let us know how it goes.

Back