• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jemima's Spay U/D She's Home! (page 2)

UsagiYojimbo

Alpha Buck
Jemima is in for her spay tomorrow. Im really stressing about it. The vet assures me that it is routine procedure and they do about 3 a month. She also said fatality rate is 1-2%.

Just hope it all goes okay. We had no "pre op" check or anything, just rang and they booked her in straight away for the op.

Have packed her a lunchbox of her pellets and some herbs and dried banana pieces.

I really hope she wont be scared and stressed :(

Last edited:
Wishing Jemima good luck for tomorrow, i am sure everything will be fine and she will be back to you before you know it

Lots of vibes for little Jemima! Try to stay calm! I know how you're feeling, but its best to stay positive! :wave:

Hi, I am sure she will be fine. It sounds like she has a really good home!:) I have just had my girl spayed and they are a vet well thought of vets recomended on here and they saw her for the first time that morning and did the pre-op checks then. Let us know how it goes, but i am sure she will be fine! Just to let you know they kept my girl over night to keep an eye one her, they said they often do that.

Hi, I am sure she will be fine. It sounds like she has a really good home!:) I have just had my girl spayed and they are a vet well thought of vets recomended on here and they saw her for the first time that morning and did the pre-op checks then. Let us know how it goes, but i am sure she will be fine! Just to let you know they kept my girl over night to keep an eye one her, they said they often do that.

The vet was a recommended one by RWAF but the vet that was recommended is on maternaty leave and the second recomended vet is fully booked for the next couple of weeks!

I know they are good with rabbits but no idea on the actual vet who is performing op. Would feel a lot better if it was one of the two that were recommended!

They said they will call me at 1pm-ish to let me know how things are going - whether she has woken up and eaten something. I think they said they will keep her until she eats?

Thanks for vibes, shes only ever been to vets for her myxi jab!

sending loads of good luck vibes, she'll be fine, she might be feeling a bit sorry for herself, just keep her warm and comfy and everything will be good.

Can't stop worrying, even started cryiing once out of vets how pathetic am I?!

Didn't even say goodbye incase worst happens

she wAs terrified. Dogs barking etc

gave vet nurse her packed lunch, she seemed suprised

cleaning her room now keeping busy til 1pm when I need to call them

We have POO! Lots of POO!

And she is nomming on hay and has had noms of food and herbs

Just waiting for the weeeee now! Really pleased with her she is amazing! She hasn't slept at all, shes been washing herself and wandering around and just sitting or lying down.

She was even purring when I fussed her. She is almost normal but not quite, shes a bit edgy and is keeping to hiding under the table most of the time

My OH picked her up on the way home from work, so I didnt see the vet. I told him to ask for metacam as suggested and the vet was amazed and said no one asks for pain releif. She was also amazed that Tom knew how to correctly handle a rabbit.

They gave us the metacam free, but they had to ask someone for the okay to give it to us because they dont usually do this????!

All the nurses and the receiptionists said what a lovely rabbit she is!

She is the best, all we need is a big wee!!!! She hasn't drunk any water since coming home but she is nomming hay as we speak so Im hoping she will soon

Thanks for all the support, Im sure when shes feeling better she will be back on here to update you all!

xxx

oh oh oh!!! shes nomming food now... oh shes stopped.... she had a few noms though!!!

Shes gone back to sitting under the table again....

Back