• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Probably morbid and hopefully way too early..

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
but after seeing that gorgeous stone for Saffy ive been thinking about what i would do for Pearl, it is a reality i'll have to face sooner rather than later judging by her breathing even on medication. i dont think i could cope with ashes and i dont own my home so i wouldnt do the burial thing either, a huge plantpot would not survive im not good with plants :oops:, memorial stone out of the window. a portrait possibly but i quite like the idea of one of her pics shrunk into a locket size with a small piece of hair. if i got a plain one i could also get it engraved and then keep it close to my heart all times.

what do you all think, i havent said anything to Ste, but i have been playing about with paint and sizing pixels of photos.. i dont want to have to try and figure it out when im greiving if that makes any sense.

yes im weird cus i can hear her playing upstairs so she may be here for years yet :oops::oops:

I know what you mean, I was lying in the bath wondering what sort of memorial stone I could get for Timmy when the time comes as I want him to have something special, so you aren't the only one thinking ahead.

I hope you find something that is a fitting tribute for Pearl and that you wont need it any time soon :)

I think it sounds a lovely idea Donnamt.
BTW It's not at all morbid, it's very normal to prepare oneself in this way.

in all probability alvin will go first... im gonna muller the little git if he carries on winding up pearl at drug time and making it 5 billion times harder to get drugs into her :evil::evil::evil:

in all probability alvin will go first... im gonna muller the little git if he carries on winding up pearl at drug time and making it 5 billion times harder to get drugs into her :evil::evil::evil:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: What's he getting up to Donnamt, if I dare ask?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That made me laugh!

aw it's so hard, well i could do you a wooden plaque with a pic of her on it or theres also someone else on here who advertises a websites that make acrylic jellewry and you can get some of your pets fur put into it. you could also make up a scrap book with loads of pictures for all your lovely memories with her.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: What's he getting up to Donnamt, if I dare ask?

well because they get a chunk of banana to take away the nasty taste alvin now runs about us buzzing, hes too impatient to wait until shes had the drugs, i think he beleives shes getting some secret banana and his annoying us makes her more likely to make a run for it arrgggghhh!!

www.pennydog.com does resin jewellery, my friend had tufts of her mum's and aunt's dogs set in resin pendants for their Christmas presents one year as the dogs were getting a bit older and won't be around forever. Plus she donates to good causes (greyhound rescue or something, and she did some fundraising for Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue too) which is a bonus

well because they get a chunk of banana to take away the nasty taste alvin now runs about us buzzing, hes too impatient to wait until shes had the drugs, i think he beleives shes getting some secret banana and his annoying us makes her more likely to make a run for it arrgggghhh!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm sorry Donnamt but the thought of the "attack" bunny buzzing round hoomins has me in stitches. Oh what a give away! It's amazing how ingenious buns are when it comes to avoiding meds.

Sorry, but I too laughed about Alvin.

I also don't think it's morbid. I think its natural to think about it. I think it gives some sort of closure and also comfort that you know things will be perfect when the time comes. I've thought about things like which bunny will be buried where, and near whom, and just recently, when Rosie came home I was trying to work out whether I would bury her in our garden or not (I was sort of expecting to have to have her PTS almost instantly, but thankfully she wasn't).

I think your idea for Pearl sounds really lovely and a lovely tribute and memorial for her.

its not morbid, its just us caring soo much for our loved pets and what is the best way to remember them and what we'd like for them

back in january when mowgli showed his kidneys failing signs i decided that when his time came to leave, i would want him beneath the fairies on the lawn covered by the mohonia tree where he liked to sit :love:

i hadn't decided on if i would bury hiim or have him cremated, on the last day i thought maybe ill have him cremated and scatter his ashes, but when he was being pts on the day, i changed my mind and asked to bring him straight home, my grandad came around and helped me lay him to rest :cry:

I don't think it's morbid either, it's just something that inevitably crosses your mind, happened to me with Poppy and Sorrel and my three grandparents.

I will draw her for you if you want like I did for sarah jane when peanut passed away x

I don't think it's morbid either, it's just something that inevitably crosses your mind, happened to me with Poppy and Sorrel and my three grandparents.

I will draw her for you if you want like I did for sarah jane when peanut passed away x

:love::love::love::love: thankyou hun that would be lovely

i do struggle to get good pics of pearl, with the way her fur is and the house being dark and the flash being needed i cant seem to get pics right :(

im scared i wont have any good ones by the time she leaves me :oops::cry::cry:

but i do love these pics if you can work any magic with one of them

P3220008.jpg

i love this one but the bars spoil it :(
P6280101.jpg

this one is my wallpaper on the phone, cant find the black and white one tho :oops:
DSC00006.jpg

07052008047.jpg

took this one last night but the flash has made it look weird :evil: she often hides an ear :love::love::love::love:
DSC00087.jpg

Aww they are all lovely pics :love: I will see what I can do, I've got quite a bit on with college etc at the minute so it might take a while but I promise I will work on it and let you know if I achieve owt :D

Aww they are all lovely pics :love: I will see what I can do, I've got quite a bit on with college etc at the minute so it might take a while but I promise I will work on it and let you know if I achieve owt :D

take all the time you need hun, im very grateful of the lovely offer and wow you want to draw Pearl :love::love:

im hoping to see her in the flesh for a long time yet :D

:wave: Gosh I can see why she is called 'Pearl' lovely fur, just a thought but, could you do something with 'Pearl or mother of Pearl' maybe a nice little trinket box or a nice inlaid locket ? x

:wave: Gosh I can see why she is called 'Pearl' lovely fur, just a thought but, could you do something with 'Pearl or mother of Pearl' maybe a nice little trinket box or a nice inlaid locket ? x

there is a flower called a pearl. its one of the first texts bunnybekkie sent to me she had it in her shop.. i will find out what it was and maybe get one of them when the time comes, dry it out somehow.

i could get a box with a pearl too.. thankyou for that idea its great :D:D

Pearl was named by Lou at hopper haven i think her sister had an equally beautiful name too

Back