• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

netutering and vac questions

skgreene

Warren Scout
When can male rabbits be castated? (do they have to be a certain weight etc) and which vaccation do rabbits have first myxi or VHD and what age.

P.S i did write it all down but ive lost it:oops:

Neutering is whenever their 'bits' appear :oops: Normally around 4-5 months :)

Vaccinations from 8 weeks i believe? Id get the Myxi done first and then the VHD 14 days after :)

i just got Oreo done and he was 4 months - its usually between 4 and 6 months..

mine had their vacs at 8 weeks Myxi first then VHD 2 weeks later - Myxi is then every 6 months and VHD yearly x

Beccy is right. Their testcles need to descend which can be from 12 weeks to 6 months depending on the bunny much the same as humans.

She is also right about vaccinations :wave:

Thank you i though harry was over due his vaccs at 18 weeks! calling the vets and making an appointment tomorrow, feel like a bad bunny mummy now:oops:

Aaaw, don't worry, you are sorting it now. Won't hurt to ge his bits looked at while you are there too in case everything is all present and correct :lol::D

well im gona get him re-sex cz i dont think he is male nothing dropped yet :oops: bless but he could be a late bloomer:lol:

i was going to try but he does like being held like that :roll: (ie either on back or front legs up in the air) so i was thinking of just getting our small animal vet to give him a check over jabs and re sexing in one go

:lol:update i tried to have a lil feel of this underside :roll::lol: and there a 2 rather small but defenant plums:oops: poor harry he didint look very happy at being felt at

Back