• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eric & esme - its all gone wrong. HELP :(

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
i have separated the living room - one bun either side of the panels (this is on the advice from my vet today - keep them separate but in sight and smell of each other).

eric was really happy to see ez but its a total nightmare. esme has taken chunks out of him through the bars. i can't take any more stress.

the house move starts tomorrow and i am devastated that i have failed esme and eric.

can't see through the tears and i can hardly breathe.

I'm so sorry you're going through this.:( I hope somebody will come along to give you some advice. Is there a rescue around there that can help you with the bonding?

:cry::cry: aww chunks of fur?? or literally chunks? if its just fur isnt this what they do when bonding?

Hope you get some advice soon and the move goes ok - dont panic - it will get sorted and you have NOT failed them xx

Could they go back to FF hun? At least it would be neutral territory there?

I would give it a go for you but its a long way for Eric to travel :( xXx

what is the partition made of? Cos if it's Nic cubes, you could use two layers so they are right next to each other but can't reach to bite. I saw someone suggest that on another thread a few days ago.

:cry::cry: aww chunks of fur?? or literally chunks? if its just fur isnt this what they do when bonding?

Hope you get some advice soon and the move goes ok - dont panic - it will get sorted and you have NOT failed them xx

fur and it would appear some of eric's nose. they never pulled chunks of fur during bonding - well, nothing i wasn't expecting - but esme's been boxing thro the bars and throwing herself a them too.

Could they go back to FF hun? At least it would be neutral territory there?

I would give it a go for you but its a long way for Eric to travel :( xXx

thanks becky. ff's is just as far travel wise too. the new house will be neutral territory but i've never seen anything like it - not sure i will try again.

no idea why, after being so happy, she has a major issue with him:?

what is the partition made of? Cos if it's Nic cubes, you could use two layers so they are right next to each other but can't reach to bite. I saw someone suggest that on another thread a few days ago.

its one of those 6 panel pens. i've blocked most of the visibility off with the sofa but she's still lunging whenever he's near.

I would try them in the new house, but you need to do it straight away. You cant afford to wait a few days as they will think the new house is their territory.

I would put them in carriers and then take them straight to new house and try bond them. They will hopefully be so confused with a new environment they will forget to fight.

I would try them in the new house, but you need to do it straight away. You cant afford to wait a few days as they will think the new house is their territory.

I would put them in carriers and then take them straight to new house and try bond them. They will hopefully be so confused with a new environment they will forget to fight.

the removal men will be in and out of both houses until late saturday pm. neither bun will be taken to the new house without the other - i had planned that before they had their first bust up.

Back