• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny, bonding and pics! U/D more pics added post14

xEmily

Mama Doe
We went to Kirkby yesterday and came home with a gorgeous little bunny! Celia said he had been there quite a long time, and we felt sorry for him, he's absolutely beautiful! We have named him Oscar :)

He's a timid little thing though, but very cute. He keeps poking his head round the back of his carrier to look at me, and then creeping forward, but then Polly always makes some noise clattering about and he hides again bless him :lol:

We started bonding them yesterday afternoon, and it seems to have gone very well so far! To start with Polly wasn't interested in Oscar at all, although he kept having a little sniff everytime she hopped past him. She thumped a couple of times, probably in annoyance at being kept in a small area though haha.

After a few hours they were grooming each other which was really sweet, and we felt confident to leave them overnight, although I did get up to check a couple of times. This morning we found them snuggled up together :)

There was a few tufts of Polly's fur, so something had obviously happened, but they are snuggling and grooming so they seem to be getting on for the most part!

Bit unsure of when to put them in their new hutch, I'll get it ready for them today at least, and maybe see how they are together this afternoon.

Here are some pics! :)

I can see you!!

HiFi_0453.jpg

Oscar :)

HiFi_0457.jpg

Pretty Boy

HiFi_0458.jpg

Yes you're pretty too Polly!

HiFi_0459.jpg

How I found them snuggling this morning :)

HiFi_0454.jpg

Last edited:

I moved them both into their new hutch (neutral territory) today and they are still fine! Oscar is doing a bit more humping, but Polly doesn't seem to care that much haha. Snuggled up again, so seems pretty successful so far :)

:) We are so pleased with him, he is so funny to watch, doing little binkies in the yard, and I'm really glad that Polly has done a few binkies now too, after seemingly not doing any since Doogie died, she must have been really lonely!

Oscar just follows Polly wherever she goes, it's really cute to watch!

Bunnyaddict - I will add to that thread later, I've taken some new pics so will put them on :) I love that thread, it's such a happy topic!

Lottielouise - Wow they do look so similar :lol:

Hi

We got Daisy last year - nearly a year ago in fact. We visited Celia and she showed us so many bunnies - so sad that so many are needing homes.

Anyway, Brian and me got Daisy home and she settled in straight away - took a few days to get her and Kirk bonded but now they are best friends. Kirk likes to lick Daisy's face - she goes into a trance and then flops :love:

Daisy
100_0381.jpg

With her chum
100_0470.jpg

Hi Celia - do you remember me?
SANY0508.jpg

We went to Kirkby yesterday and came home with a gorgeous little bunny! Celia said he had been there quite a long time, and we felt sorry for him, he's absolutely beautiful! We have named him Oscar :)

He's a timid little thing though, but very cute. He keeps poking his head round the back of his carrier to look at me, and then creeping forward, but then Polly always makes some noise clattering about and he hides again bless him :lol:

We started bonding them yesterday afternoon, and it seems to have gone very well so far! To start with Polly wasn't interested in Oscar at all, although he kept having a little sniff everytime she hopped past him. She thumped a couple of times, probably in annoyance at being kept in a small area though haha.

After a few hours they were grooming each other which was really sweet, and we felt confident to leave them overnight, although I did get up to check a couple of times. This morning we found them snuggled up together :)

There was a few tufts of Polly's fur, so something had obviously happened, but they are snuggling and grooming so they seem to be getting on for the most part!

Bit unsure of when to put them in their new hutch, I'll get it ready for them today at least, and maybe see how they are together this afternoon.

Here are some pics! :)

I can see you!!

HiFi_0453.jpg

Oscar :)

HiFi_0457.jpg

Pretty Boy

HiFi_0458.jpg

Yes you're pretty too Polly!

HiFi_0459.jpg

How I found them snuggling this morning :)

HiFi_0454.jpg

Wow, that is amazing, so quick. Well done, I am so pleased that they look so happy together

Back