• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what should i do re: eric & esme?

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
eric & esme are still in separate rooms. esme is eating bits and pieces and pooping (still small and a bit stringy but at least it poop). she's still not fussed on pellets or much hay tho:(

eric is eating ok and his poop is nearly normal.

i've just phoned the vet as advised yesterday and the receptionist had a word with the vet and said not to stress either of them out if they are eating and pooping (she knows i'll be straight there if either of them decline). i asked about the recommendation to keep them separate and the receptionist said i should if that's what yeaterday's vet said to do. how long i asked? until they're 'back to normal'.:?

problem is, how long may that be - and what is 'normal'? both are currently out of their normal routine as they're in separate rooms. when i cleaned the litter trays out this morning, esme must have smelt eric on what was in the rubbish bag i had with me - i had to drag her out of it!

should i go with what the receptionist at the vets said or try a 'new bond' maybe later today when i'm sure they're both on the right track with eating and pooping? will they be more difficult to bond the longer they are apart? or do you think they now have to live totally separate lives? :(

could you try the bond in your new place - it will already be neutral & as it's unfamiliar to both Eric & Esme they may be more inclined to be nice to each other. Also gives Esme a chance to get fully back to normal first.

Good luck!

could you try the bond in your new place - it will already be neutral & as it's unfamiliar to both Eric & Esme they may be more inclined to be nice to each other. Also gives Esme a chance to get fully back to normal first.

Good luck!

:thumb:

thats what i thought - just dunno what i'm going to do with them tomorrow and saturday whilst we're trying to move furniture from around them!

Back