• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I read this.....

lorri

Warren Scout
I've just been on the net to find what age can a rabbit live for and I came across this- A rabbit outdoors lives an average of 3-5 years. An indoor spayed/neutered rabbit can live as long as 10-13 years:

I was surprised what age they live for so I'm happy with that result :D

A healthy outdoor rabbit can live for 8-10 years providing they are well looked after, good diet, taken to the vets when required, neutered vaccs etc

A healthy outdoor rabbit can live for 8-10 years providing they are well looked after, good diet, taken to the vets when required, neutered vaccs etc

This is very true. The results are most likely skewed due to the "forgotten at the bottom of the garden" effect.:(

I once read an article that stated the average lifespan of an outdoor cat was only 18 months! Indoor was 12-15 years. You have to take into consideration the population they are are sampling. Was it feral cats, farm cats, pets that roam? It's still sad though.

Lorri- My rabbit Chelsea is 11 and a half yrs.
My other rabbit Sooty that recently passed away was 10yrs old.

Sooty was an outdoor rabbit as is Chelsea. Though Chelsea now has indoor overnight accommodation but she is free range (with access to her rabbit room if she wants)in the day.

I think you will find lots of older rabbits on here. I know some have 12 and 13 yr olds. There was one on here once with a 17yr old!

So they can live a long time.-best wishes for a long and healthy life for yours.:)
sue:wave:
ps -how old is Pepper?

This is very true. The results are most likely skewed due to the "forgotten at the bottom of the garden" effect.:(

I once read an article that stated the average lifespan of an outdoor cat was only 18 months! Indoor was 12-15 years. You have to take into consideration the population they are are sampling. Was it feral cats, farm cats, pets that roam? It's still sad though.

Exactly. You can make statistics say what you want by being selective in choosing your group.

Wow sue I didn't know they can live as long as that, it comes to show that don't know anything about at all. Thank you for that.

I hope I'm not the only that dosen't know anything about rabbits :roll:

A work colleague of mine's rabbit died a few weeks ago, she rescued it from a petting area that was being shut down (and the age was known of the bunny at that time) It was a garden free-ranging bunnster and lived to 12 years old !

Back