• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowdrop seems happier...

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
without Strawberry! She has been flopping more, has got alot more confident and has even binkied today which she hardly ever does!

I think she is pleased to be away from his bulliyng to be honest. She seems so much happier.

They are going to Fayes in December along with Bungle to try and bond them as a trio. I am not sure it will work but we will have a go and then I will have to make some decisions about what to do if it doesnt.

I cant see Strawberry and Snowdrop being a pair again, I dnt think his bullying is any good for her health. I am hoping as a trio with another man around he might be less domineering.

I hope it works out for all three of them.:wave:

Me too! Otherwise I am not sure of my options! I guess I need to see how it goes and what we can get to work. I would have to rehome Bungle if they wont bond as I cant have 3 single bunnies but if I could get him with Snowdrop then I would keep Strawbs alone with the intention of getting him a friend in the spring and them going outside.

Bungle might be just what she needs to take some of the pressure off. It might be a good thing that has time over the next few weeks to regain some confidence before being bonded. Good to hear she's happy anyway.

I hope it works out.

Me too! Otherwise I am not sure of my options! I guess I need to see how it goes and what we can get to work. I would have to rehome Bungle if they wont bond as I cant have 3 single bunnies but if I could get him with Snowdrop then I would keep Strawbs alone with the intention of getting him a friend in the spring and them going outside.

If Bungle is a more laid back bun than Strawberry, then he might be just what Snowdrop needs. Fingers crossed here that Faye can work her magic and you get some happy bunnies:wave: (in whatever group they choose!:roll:)

If it helps you to feel a bit better, even bonds between siblings can break down if one is a bully - our boys are brothers & had been together until they were about 2.5 yrs, but now Willow is much much happier with his wife than he was with his brother Dill.

If Snowdrop is happy without Strawberry and the trio bonding doesn't work then it might be better to bond her with Bungle and keep Strawberry on his own until you are able to get another bun and put them outside. Did Snowdrop have some health probs recently? Could they have been a result of her being upset by Strawberry's overpowering nature. If you need a temp home for one of them I can always help.

If Snowdrop is happy without Strawberry and the trio bonding doesn't work then it might be better to bond her with Bungle and keep Strawberry on his own until you are able to get another bun and put them outside. Did Snowdrop have some health probs recently? Could they have been a result of her being upset by Strawberry's overpowering nature. If you need a temp home for one of them I can always help.

Snowdrop has a chronic gut condition that flares up at times. It is undoubtably made worse by stress and changes in environment. She cannot absorb protein properly so loses weight easily. If the trio doesnt work I would definately have Snowdrop with Bungle if they work and have Strawbs as a single bun. He could then go out in the summer with a friend. I cant have two sets of bunnies in the house long term, its just not practical.

I have everything crossed that they work as a trio!

Back