• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new rabbit

neenee

Warren Scout
Hi there,
I have a 3 month old rabbit at the moment and after reading some posts i realised she could be lonely? Do i need to get another rabbit and will she be miserable by herself?
Grateful for any advice :)

I would get her a friend yes. Rabbits are much happier with their own kind, especially if she lives outside on her own.

My coco is an indoor rabbit and is very happy on her own as i spend time with her everyday :)

If I were to change her to an outdoor rabbit I would get her a wee friend :D

I would get her a friend yes. Rabbits are much happier with their own kind, especially if she lives outside on her own.

she does live outside on her own, yes.
I think its probably best to get her a friend, do you think a lion head and mini lop would be suitable together?? I'll have a look on other posts to see how you bond them :)
thanks very much!

I think its probably best to get her a friend, do you think a lion head and mini lop would be suitable together?? I'll have a look on other posts to see how you bond them :)
thanks very much!

:wave:
Yep they'd be fine, if shes not spayed yet you need to get that done first

thanks very much!

yes but be aware before bonding you will need to have both spayed or netuered( arescue bun would already be neutered) generally its best to take your bun along for speed dating as like people not all personalitys get along, then once they have choosen said partner you will need a neutral space to bond them so no territory issues this should be small and indoors ideally so you can watch them 24/7 adn stop any fights however allow normal bonding behaviour humping, nipping and chasing..... dont allow biting or injury most rescues will bond them for you as it can be stressful if you dont knwo what you are doing (or even if you do!!!) also be aware a male female partnership generally works best though some female females also work then occasionally a male male will work too. xxx

Back