• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please for Angel. (UD p17)

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Angel is one of our special needs bunnies he is blind and has no tear duct's and his eyes constantly weep and he suffers from infections and abscesses. (the result of being taken from his Mother and sold in a pet shop at 3-4 weeks old).
I have noticed he can't bend his head to eat and I have actually taken a video of him to show the vet as I have never seen this before in a rabbit. Angel has been to the vets for a check-up and he has a small spur on his back molar which he is having a dental for tomorrow. Thing is Angel is use to our voices and his surroundings and he is an old boy at over 5 and I am wondering if he will stress at the vets and I'm so worried.

Can we have some Vibes for him Please
'Thank You'
Maysie
xx

ANGEL.
2-7-092.jpg

Last edited:
Angel is gorgeous. Sending lots of vibes that it all goes well at the vets and not too stressful for him.

x

Angel's spurs were so tiny that our Vet Sue has just filed them down but she did manage to have a good look in his mouth and he is starting with polys. We had him at the vet last month as he had some red polyp like growths of all places up his bottom and Sue said it was 'Polyoma Virus' and that he may get them in his mouth as well.
He is on Metacam and Baytril for a week and if the polys get any bigger they will have to be removed.
Can't wait to get him home. :)

Vibes winging their way to Angel. Bless him, have you looked after him for 5 years?

Yes my Husband Mike bathes his eyes 2-3 times a day and has the awful job of taking off the mass of matted fur that seems to set like cement from the constant weeping of his eyes. The skin underneath is red and sore and then Mike gently put's cream on the area. The fur then starts growing back and we then start all over again with the weepy eyes and matted fur. He has been like this for 4 years, he is a wonderful little fella.
We have 14 rescue rabbits alltogether, 3 with special needs. We are one big happy Family. :wave:

Aww Angel, poor little soul. He's so lovely.

You and your husband are doing a grand job caring for him!

Wishing him all the best. X

Yes my Husband Mike bathes his eyes 2-3 times a day and has the awful job of taking off the mass of matted fur that seems to set like cement from the constant weeping of his eyes. The skin underneath is red and sore and then Mike gently put's cream on the area. The fur then starts growing back and we then start all over again with the weepy eyes and matted fur. He has been like this for 4 years, he is a wonderful little fella.
We have 14 rescue rabbits alltogether, 3 with special needs. We are one big happy Family. :wave:

:wave: Angel is one lucky bunny to have such caring owners.

Back