• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Rescue in Yorkshire

They could do with a bit more info on the site, but it looks like a good rescue :) The closest one to me too I think

I don't get how they can say a rabbit needs a hutch at least 5ft wide, but they then sell a 3ft one at their shop :?

That is bizarre :?

They used to be a boarding place, I boarded my four with them last year...they were really good and had very spacious accommodation so it's a shame they're no longer taking boarders. I wonder why.

The lady who runs it is a member on here so maybe she will be along to answer your queries soon ;)

That is bizarre :?

They used to be a boarding place, I boarded my four with them last year...they were really good and had very spacious accommodation so it's a shame they're no longer taking boarders. I wonder why.

The lady who runs it is a member on here so maybe she will be along to answer your queries soon ;)

I was sure they used to have a boarding service with the same name, my mind is now cleared ;) :lol:

OOoh did you see Angelica, she would make a perfect wifey for Timmy, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them :love:

I sometimes meet them when I'm out dog walking. Really nice people. Will ask about the new set up next time I see them.

I thought the Dewsbury one had quite a bad rep?

Not that I was aware of :wave:. I've never got from there, but if you check out their website looks fine and dandy to me. But ofc never judge a book by its cover, I won't know until or if I ever visit.

My giant rabbit has been a holiday boarder at camp nibble on 3 occasions and has been looked after fantastically. I understand the owners of camp nibble have decided to set up a rescue as opposed to running a small animal boarding facility as they wanted to be able to offer small animals in need a refuge. I have no doubt at all that they will provide exemplary care to any animal that they can assist. I support everything that this dedicated couple are doing. Whilst I can not comment on the small hutch that appears on their "pet shop" website, I feel there could possibly be a simple explanation. I doubt they would advocate this product as a permanent housing solution but perhaps offer it for sale as a hiding place to go inside a shed where a rabbit has free range......or similar (this is actually how my giant was accommodated at camp nibble - with supervised access to a run). I think the actions of hannah & Stephen are commendable. Well done and every good wish to both of them from me and my beautiful boy, jack.

Hannah and Stephen are lovely people, we have driven all the way over to them to board our own buns int he past even though there are several nearer, as we felt they offered the dedication and care to the animals that we wanted. They also asked us to go over and advise them when they first set up their boarding business which we did and they really are genuine lovely people.
It has come as bit of a suprise though that they have decided to do rescue work instead, but I wish them all the best.

I have just spoken to Hannah and to clear up the 3ft hutch issue. Hannah and Stephen dont actually have a pet shop, they have an affiliate with Amazon, so basically Amazon has a link on their website that links to pet products - hence picking up the 3ft hutch via the camp nibble site. They do not sell it themselves, anyone who sees this product would actually order via Amazon and not them. HTH

I have let Hannah know of the support for her rescue that she has on here and she has asked me to say thank you to everyone and also that she remembers Jack and he was adorable.

I have let Hannah know of the support for her rescue that she has on here and she has asked me to say thank you to everyone and also that she remembers Jack and he was adorable.

I think it's great there's another Yorkshire Rescue for buns. And I was looking for a Rescue hamster for my sister for ages so we know where to go next time:D In the end we contacted someone through the free ads who had got 2 mis-sexed hammies from P@H & had a few babies. My sister took 2 offspring.:D

Hi everyone,

We do not sell anything ourselves at Camp Nibble. Our site links through to the pet supplies section of Amazon.co.uk if anyone buys from there we get a small commission that we can use towards helping the animals in the rescue. We thought this would be a good fundraising tool. However, we are afraid that we have no control over what Amazon list so please do not see this a reflection of our facilities.

We totally agree that Amazon should not be promoting these products and have removed the link to their website from ours. Thank you for highlighting this to us.

Forums like this are a fantastic source of information. However, careless posts can cause a lot of upset. My husband and I are currently devoting most of our time and savings into trying to help animals in need at the moment. Therefore, we really appreciate the kind words in support of what we are doing :D

Cheers
Hannah

Back