• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Female Puberty

huppie

Mama Doe
Peachy is 6-months old. By now I expected her personality to change drastically but it hasn't. The last week or two she has become more nervous and started digging more but other than that she is the same (still not litter- trained :roll: ).

Is it possible that she hasn't hit puberty yet or that she has and it isn't such a big deal for her?

She is bonded with a neutered male (long-story...) but he hasn't changed how he is with her at all. They are very much in love!

I've never had a young'un before so any advice gratefully received. We will get her sterilised next Spring or Summer.

Emma

Hi, I was just thinking of this too. Our rabbit Leuki is 5 months now, and she really hasn't changed. She is lovely, affectionate, inquisitive. She is not at all nippy or aggresive. However she is qute mischevious in a funny way, and yesterday I caught her digging up all my husbands mint! She hasn't been spayed yet either, she is quite small and I'm scared so I'm leaving it till she's a bit bigger. I'm only doing it for her health anyway, as I just love her personality the way it is!
Oh yes, she is also with a neutered male, and they seem to be best of friends too! (Just started following each other everywhere)

Back