• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eric & esme set-back - any advice?

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
well, i took esme to the vets this morning after the hoo haa yesterday as she was still really stroppy and not eating anywhere near her normal amount (not even her fave things:().

my vet wasn't in today so she saw another. esme has had 2 syringes of sub-cut fluids, painkiller (which i had to ask for:roll:) and a shot of gut stimulant. the vet said there were poops in her tum (she is pooping, they're just really tiny) and she wasn't concerned enough to keep her in as that may stress her more.

however, she did tell me to keep eric and esme separated - maybe til ezzie's well or maybe for good:shock: i really wasn't expecting that!

i'm moving house in 2 days time, i have a bun in each room amidst packing boxes and i'm having to keep a very close eye on esme, my son had a swine flu jab yesterday and has suffered some side effects so he's off school (sorry - just had a bout of stupid self pity and stress)

- soooo, what am i to do about eric & esme? 2 days ago they were flopped together:( there is no way i'll be able to keep them separately at the new house as we're having to downsize (not sure yet how we're going to fit the hamster and fish tanks in:cry:)

really worried about esme:(

Maybe while you've got all the stress on it would be easier on you to keep them separate then rebond when you've got a chance to. (No idea if that's best for Esme though, but it would be difficult to watch over them if together). If they have been snuggled up then to be separated permanently seems a bit harsh.

Hope you manage to get it sorted out, I don't envy all the stress you have on at the mo.

Sending vibes for Esme.

Is there anyone who could look after one of them whilst Esme recovers and you get yourself sorted in your new house?

Maybe while you've got all the stress on it would be easier on you to keep them separate then rebond when you've got a chance to. (No idea if that's best for Esme though, but it would be difficult to watch over them if together). If they have been snuggled up then to be separated permanently seems a bit harsh.

Hope you manage to get it sorted out, I don't envy all the stress you have on at the mo.

Sending vibes for Esme.

thank you. stress eh! i seem to have developed a horrible wheezy feeling in my chest now (borrowed son's inhaler - seems to have helped).

eric seemed a bit lost without esme but he's behaving more or less as normal now. ezzie just looks sad:cry: i feel awful but if i try to reintroduce them it may do more harm than good. really wasn't a nice sight yesterday - she even tried to bite eric thro the carrier bars whilst i was separating them. i've been in with her for ages but she seems really grumpy.

Loads of vibes for Esme - I hope she'll be back to normal soon. Fingers crossed it won't be long until they can be rebonded again.

Hope the move goes well and isn't too stressful.

thanks. just so confused as to why they've had the big fall out following a dental trip together - i wouldn't have left one there without the other anyway as i didn't want to rock the boat.

thought i was doing the best thing. seems i've failed.

esme's nibbling some greens so i'm going to hold off the recovery feed to see if she carries on eating voluntarily.

If i lived on my own, i'd look after one of them for you. My OH wouldnt be too happy about it tho :( sorry x

thanks:) i'll sort it - somehow. its just a bit of a challenge with the move looming.

i've temporarily bunny-proofed the other room for esme as i hated seeing her in a pen (even tho its a 6 panel one and she's smaller than eric the nethie:roll:).

huh. men, houses, kids, bunnies - why bother eh:(

Back