• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i'm a curse on my pets....

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
maisie isn't well now :cry::cry::cry: (see other thread)

so that is bisc, matt, and now maisie. :cry::cry::cry:

three out of four pets not right.

i'm like a flamin curse. :cry:

patch died, smudge died...and now these three are all ill. :cry:

i must be doing something wrong. :cry:

Well I know different. You've had an awful run of bad luck, & for whatever reason, Matt didn't get the best treatment at the beginning, from your last vet.
The only reason you've still got your 2 buns is the total dedication, & untold sleepless nights you've put into caring for them to perfection.
Now that's the truth.
Not you - Life can be :censored: at times.

Don't blame yourself of the illnesses of you buns, there might have been something that you don't know which was carried to bun to bun, and there wasn't anything else to privent it only keep going to the vets.

You are not a curse with any animal.:D

I've felt like this - I remember I had 10 pets and at one stage 9 of them were on some sort of daily medicine. It will pick up though - it's not that you are doing something wrong, I'm sure.

Aww :( your having an awful time of it. But its nothing your doing wrong, these things, sadly just happen, and usually all at once.

I have times when I feel like that... This year I haven't had many weeks where I haven't been at the vets with one or another animal! But if you have more than one animal, I find that things always seem to come together and then you're allright again for a while.

I had all my four dogs at the vets within 10 days with totally unrelated stuff (thyroid blood test, dew claw removal, general blood test due to lack of appetite, ear infection and lump)...

And a couple of months ago, I lost two bunnies within 24 hours of each other again due to completely unrelated issues (neurological disease and choking on pellet).

But that's unfortunately what happens sometimes with multiple pets. It never rains, it pours...

I am sure you are doing things right and your pets are getting the best possible care from you.

Vera

such a worry. :cry: just about to leave for the vets so i will update when i get back. hope they will be ok with the journey and maisie will be ok.

thanks everyone. xxx

I'm so sorry hun :( There's no way you're a curse on your pets, it's obvious you're a fab mummy to them all!

Loads of vibes for Maisie, hope it goes well at the vets.

just got back now....maisie is ok!!! :D

aidan thoroughly checked her over and her tum is fine, as is her breathing, weight, everything is ok.

just her lower teeth are very very slightly longer than they should be...but they shouldn't get any longer if she carries on eating as much hay as she does. just got to try and get her on more leafy greens, aswell as all the veg she has now. she doesn't eat many pellets anyway but he said cut them down even more and i could even cut them out completely. he isn't one for pellets being fed to rabbits and guinea pigs.

he put maisie on the floor to see her movements and she was walking round fine :oops: she wouldn't let aidan pick her up again though! only mummy!!! :love:

he doesn't know why she was how she was this morning. he thinks maybe she is in season which is why she was pushing her back end out awkwardly and enjoying strokes off me alot....:oops:

he said it is possible she could have been spooked by something this morning which is why she was acting all strange and doing jerky movements. or possibly her mouth might feel different if her teeth have changed a bit.

but anyway, she is ok. just got to keep an eye on her...but for now he can't see anything wrong with her.

she's a nice stable weight aswell. so all is ok.

the pigs were so good in the taxi aswell. ches shredded newspaper for the first 5 mins or so :roll: but settled down after that.

the taxi driver knocked a tenner off the price too to help me out which is nice. he did that last time aswell.

i'm calmer now. sorry for the rant before, just got upset. :oops::)

So glad Maisie is ok! You must be so relieved!

What a lovely taxi driver too :) - nice that there are still some decent folks about!

So glad Maisie is ok! You must be so relieved!

What a lovely taxi driver too :) - nice that there are still some decent folks about!

i can relax now! always glad when they have had a full check up aswell.

the taxi driver is lovely. he said he likes to help people out when he can, so i always give him the work if we need a taxi, and he knocks a tenner off for the vets journey because it is expensive!

Glad shes ok. Don't appologise, I'm sure we are all the same when worried about our pets.

thanks. bit embarrassed! :oops: i just panic straight away and get really upset. just with it being one thing after another. :cry: but things are going ok now, bisc and matt are doing well, and maisie is ok, so that's good. :)

just got back now....maisie is ok!!! :D

aidan thoroughly checked her over and her tum is fine, as is her breathing, weight, everything is ok.

just her lower teeth are very very slightly longer than they should be...but they shouldn't get any longer if she carries on eating as much hay as she does. just got to try and get her on more leafy greens, aswell as all the veg she has now. she doesn't eat many pellets anyway but he said cut them down even more and i could even cut them out completely. he isn't one for pellets being fed to rabbits and guinea pigs.

he put maisie on the floor to see her movements and she was walking round fine :oops: she wouldn't let aidan pick her up again though! only mummy!!! :love:

he doesn't know why she was how she was this morning. he thinks maybe she is in season which is why she was pushing her back end out awkwardly and enjoying strokes off me alot....:oops:

he said it is possible she could have been spooked by something this morning which is why she was acting all strange and doing jerky movements. or possibly her mouth might feel different if her teeth have changed a bit.

but anyway, she is ok. just got to keep an eye on her...but for now he can't see anything wrong with her.

she's a nice stable weight aswell. so all is ok.

the pigs were so good in the taxi aswell. ches shredded newspaper for the first 5 mins or so :roll: but settled down after that.

the taxi driver knocked a tenner off the price too to help me out which is nice. he did that last time aswell.

i'm calmer now. sorry for the rant before, just got upset. :oops::)

Does dont 'come into season' they are induced ovulators :)
Glad she's OK :)

Back