• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oreo not weeing? UD post 7

kaths101

Warren Veteran
:wave: Oreo was neutered today and all seemed ok, he's eaten ALOT and pooed but ive just noticed he hasnt wee'd yet? (ive been concrentrating more on the pooing :oops:) and im not even sure if hes drunk?

Is this ok?? :?

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry so much about not weeing, it's a different mechanism to pooping and it's the pooping that you need to keep a particular eye on. Buns poop a lot of the time but they don't wee so often so I wouldn't worry yet.

Does he have a bowl as well as a bottle? Many buns prefer a bowl post-op. I'm sure he'll wee in good time :)

He's probably 'holding on' because he feels a little sore down there. He probably hasn't drunk very much today either, so may be slightly dehydrated unless he was on a drip for his op.
I wouldn't worry just yet, but pop him back to the vets tomorrow if he hasn't wee'd by the morning.

Last edited:
Sending wee wee vibes, maybe run the tap for a while so he can hear it:lol: Seriously though, fingers crossed he will be OK x

Glad he's doing well. He's probably quite sore in the weeing area, I'm sure he'll go soon.

Awwww my little man is such a good boy!! Hes just done a weeee!!

Id taken his litter tray out because I didnt want him jumping in and out hurting his tummy but i also just thought maybe thats why hes not going.. so i just put it back with newpaper in and no hay to hurt the wound and he hopped straight in and went!! :D

Clever boy - I always thought his litter training was a fluke but maybe not!! :lol:

edited to say - Actually Vickyp maybe your suggestion worked as I am running the bath!!

Awwww my little man is such a good boy!! Hes just done a weeee!!

Id taken his litter tray out because I didnt want him jumping in and out hurting his tummy but i also just thought maybe thats why hes not going.. so i just put it back with newpaper in and no hay to hurt the wound and he hopped straight in and went!! :D

Clever boy - I always thought his litter training was a fluke but maybe not!! :lol:

Awww bless him - thats sooo sweet, I was wondering about that aswell when Gizmo goes in - so keep the litter tray then? Bless him oh I bet your sooo relieved, I hope it goes like this for me :roll: x

Awww bless him - thats sooo sweet, I was wondering about that aswell when Gizmo goes in - so keep the litter tray then? Bless him oh I bet your sooo relieved, I hope it goes like this for me :roll: x

Im sure you will be fine - yes well maybe see how they are - I didnt leave the tray in for sooty as they shouldnt be jumping etc and dont want to get hay in the wound but oreo was quite happily leaping round his cage so i gathered he would be ok with his tray!
Glad i didnt leave him hanging on all night!!

Did you see my little edited bit on the UD??? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Awww glad all is well-yes the hay thing is a bit of a worry - I will just get some mega soft hay and put a little bit in the corner, he is binkying around at the mo and I sooo hope he bounces back like little Oreo - really pleased for you, do they have little stitches or the ones that disintegrate?

:lol::lol::lol: Awww glad all is well-yes the hay thing is a bit of a worry - I will just get some mega soft hay and put a little bit in the corner, he is binkying around at the mo and I sooo hope he bounces back like little Oreo - really pleased for you, do they have little stitches or the ones that disintegrate?

Yes the boys are fine, they have little disintergrating stitches, sootys was all healed in a week and her fur started to grow back.

Oreo also had his tummy glued up today so he looks like hes been in the wars a bit but fine in himself..

I was advised Lots of soft bedding (fleece blankets) a bowl of hay (something they cant stand in or lay on) but can eat from without stretching themselves..

He will be fine im sure!! Oreo is a harder man than i thought :lol::lol: hes always been a bit of a wimp but he's really taken this one on the chin and still loves us and been binkying 2 hours after he came back so alls good!

Yes the boys are fine, they have little disintergrating stitches, sootys was all healed in a week and her fur started to grow back.

Oreo also had his tummy glued up today so he looks like hes been in the wars a bit but fine in himself..

I was advised Lots of soft bedding (fleece blankets) a bowl of hay (something they cant stand in or lay on) but can eat from without stretching themselves..

He will be fine im sure!! Oreo is a harder man than i thought :lol::lol: hes always been a bit of a wimp but he's really taken this one on the chin and still loves us and been binkying 2 hours after he came back so alls good!

:wave: Awww really pleased he's come through alright little trooper. Thanks for that (re stitches) I did think it would make sense to use disolvable ones or glue rather than subject them to having them out. x

Back