• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beau U/D eaten some kale!!!

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Beau has been...'off' for the last few days. I've not taken him to the vet as he is eating weeing and pooing, but he just doesn't seem...right. Like at the weekend, my wall planner, which is over his pen, fell down in the night, and that freaked him out, so when I got up he was really jumpy, then he had a couple of days where he was jumpy like that, and now he's gone completely the other way and seems half-comatose. Like he can't stay awake. I wonder if the fright has made him extra alert and now he's not sleeping.

I'm particularly concerned now cos he hasn't made a start on his dinner yet, although this has happened before where he's left it a bit, then wolfed it down. :? will wait and see.

ETA: He's doing something weird with his mouth, it's hard to explain, he's not grinding his teeth, I can tell you that much. It's like when you mouth have a dry mouth and you open and close your mouth and move your tongue to get the saliva going around. Does anyone get what I mean? What could this be?

Last edited:
Gosh, I have no idea, try giving him some water or wet greens :? Wish I could advise more, hope Beau feels better soon!! xxx

Has he eaten anything? Is he a dental bunny? Homer sometimes does this and sticks his tongue out if his teeth are troubling him e.g. if food may be getting in his teeth when they are uneven.

Is he a dental bunny? it could be mouth pain. The wall planter didn't fall ON him did it?
Otherwise, I assume it is not him mouth breathing?

Sorry cant really help but just wanted to send him some stop being 'off' vibes :love:

Best to get him checked out by the vet I think just to put your mind at rest x

Well OH managed to get him running around a bit, so he's warmed up and is back to being his naughty self! Has had a *small* nibble of food, but I'm still concerned.

He's not a dental bun and it's not mouth breathing. I did wonder about teeth though, as in maybe a tooth is digging in and it's making his mouth watery, and rather than dribble he's swushing it around and swallowing it?!

Now that he's perked up I think vets can wait until morning, unless things deteriorate. Gonna stay up late to keep an eye on him :roll: bloomin' bunnies!

tvm for the vibes :D

Is he a dental bunny? it could be mouth pain. The wall planner didn't fall ON him did it?
Otherwise, I assume it is not him mouth breathing?

No, it kind of peeled off (it's blue-tacked to the wall) a bit at a time so it was hanging over his pen, and then kind of wooshed. I mean it's only card anyway, it's more the noise thats freaked him out I think, it freaked me out too!

Glad he is feeling a bit better. Best to get him checked out at the vet though, make sure they have a good look at the teeth.

Good luck.

I agree a trip to the vets is the best idea to get him checked. A bunny in pain will often behave as though frightened. If he still seems half-comatosed that needs to be tonight rather than tomorrow though.
The only other possibilty that springs to mind is that he might have something in his throat irritating him and he is trying to swallow it, but the fact that he has been off for a few days suggetss pain.

I agree a trip to the vets is the best idea to get him checked. A bunny in pain will often behave as though frightened. If he still seems half-comatosed that needs to be tonight rather than tomorrow though.
The only other possibilty that springs to mind is that he might have something in his throat irritating him and he is trying to swallow it, but the fact that he has been off for a few days suggetss pain.

He's not half comatose anymore, he's running around and being a mischief, am hoping that will work up an appetite, hence staying up late to wait and see. Will of course take him to the vets if he still won't eat.

They like to keep us on our toes don't they! :roll::lol:

He's not half comatose anymore, he's running around and being a mischief, am hoping that will work up an appetite, hence staying up late to wait and see. Will of course take him to the vets if he still won't eat.

They like to keep us on our toes don't they! :roll::lol:

I think it's in their job description...:roll: :lol:

Could it be that he was so freaked out by it that he has been on 'constant alert' for a couple of nights and not slept, so that the last two days/nights he has got himself so knackered that he is snoozing constantly but still kind of half awake so he would notice if anything else happened? And then if he hasnt moved much or eaten then maybe he hasnt drunk either and got himself dehydrated?

I just say this as a remote possibility based on what I have been like the last two nights with the bunnies and their fights - so that I havent really slept, and been on red alert, so today I was just completely knackered and missed half the day sleeping...! :roll::lol:

Could it be that he was so freaked out by it that he has been on 'constant alert' for a couple of nights and not slept, so that the last two days/nights he has got himself so knackered that he is snoozing constantly but still kind of half awake so he would notice if anything else happened? And then if he hasnt moved much or eaten then maybe he hasnt drunk either and got himself dehydrated?

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. I've rung work and told them I will be late, just got to wait til I can ring for a vet appointment now!

He still hasn't eaten last nights dinner, though silly OH gave him pellets and he's eaten those :roll: Have given him fresh breakfast and he's still not really interested. Seems fine in himself now though, running around our bedroom.

Last edited:
Vet found a lump in his tummy which may be a blockage, and she couldn't look at his teeth as he kept chewing and licking the orthoscopey thingamabob. They've kept him in for GA and a dental check up. I am soooo worried.

Please send vibes :cry:

Back