• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sootys life in Pictures :)

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Hi all, my sweet Sooty is 9 months old today (weve had her for eight) and I thought I would share some of my best pictures of her

Sooty 4 weeks (the state she was in when we got her)
babysooty.jpg

a week or so later
babysooty-2-1.jpg

Sooty 6 weeks
sooty6wks.jpg

sooty6weeks2.jpg

Sooty 12 weeks
sooty12weeks2.jpg

sooty12weeks.jpg

The day of Oreos arrival - Sooty 6 months
sootyandoreo-1.jpg

sootspicture-1-1.jpg

Sooty on her favourite chair under the dining room table
sootyundertable1.jpg

sootyundertable2.jpg

Sooty 9 months :love:
CIMG0670-2.jpg

CIMG0519.jpg

CIMG0690.jpg

CIMG0684.jpg

:wave::love: Blimey you have transformed that bunny!! Whatever was wrong with her when you got her, she is lovely - like a little black and white version of Gizmo:love:

He even has one ear that sticks up all the time! Apart from when he is having a head massage :lol:

He even has one ear that sticks up all the time! Apart from when he is having a head massage :lol:

:wave: as you can see she had uppy ears for her first few weeks then we thought she was going loppy as they started to drop, but in the end one dropped and one stayed sticky uppy :lol: (she obviously couldnt make up her mind).

We got her from a friend whos bun had had babies unexpectadly, they had recently divorced and couldnt look after them. We said we would have a little white one but when my OH came home with Sooty in her state in a box! I was :shock:

He said he couldnt leave her like that (she was the runt so much smaller than the rest, getting trampled on, wee'd on etc) and would have definetly died had he have left her there! I do think of the little white one we should have had - I think they went to the RSPCA but i am soo glad that my OH decided to bring Sooty home that day :D

:wave: Awww yes that was meant to be that she came to you, she looks so well and happy. You must be so proud to have come so far forward - she doesn't look like the runt anymore. Funnily enough I think Gizmo might have been the runt aswell he was sat on his own the other boys had paired off and he was much smaller and nervous looking. I chose him and have no regrets, just dreading what you had today ! Have you had her spayed aswell?

Awww, look at the poor little thing in the first picture, then to the gorgeous healthy bun at the end. What a fantastic transformation!
I love the ones on her chair. :love:

:wave: Awww yes that was meant to be that she came to you, she looks so well and happy. You must be so proud to have come so far forward - she doesn't look like the runt anymore. Funnily enough I think Gizmo might have been the runt aswell he was sat on his own the other boys had paired off and he was much smaller and nervous looking. I chose him and have no regrets, just dreading what you had today ! Have you had her spayed aswell?

Yes Sooty was spayed at 6 months, I was worried sick as I have been told that 'runts' sometimes have defects from birth that their litter 'know something we dont' which is why they get picked on :cry::cry:

I just kept thinking i hope her heart is ok etc etc. But i weighed up the risks and knew she had to have it done and she came through absolutley fine (24 hours of not eating which worried me) all her territorial behaviuor etc just vanished overnight too.

A very worrying time though - these buns love to worry us :roll:

Yes Sooty was spayed at 6 months, I was worried sick as I have been told that 'runts' sometimes have defects from birth that their litter 'know something we dont' which is why they get picked on :cry::cry:

I just kept thinking i hope her heart is ok etc etc. But i weighed up the risks and knew she had to have it done and she came through absolutley fine (24 hours of not eating which worried me) all her territorial behaviuor etc just vanished overnight too.

A very worrying time though - these buns love to worry us :roll:

:wave: Oh I am so jealous that you have done all the hard part now - I am dreading it, as you said it has to be done though and Ness the adopted doe I have is a strong girl so hopefully will come through OK, I am thinking now that I will get them both done together on the 1st Dec so I don't have to endure two lots of separate stress on different days just get it over and done with on one day. Going to go in and enquire which vet will be doing it, how many ops they have done etc - She will be going in one of the spare rooms and he is downstairs so I will be running up and downstairs that night although I need the exercise so thats not so bad :lol:

Back