• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally found a way of getting meds into Snowdrop

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Snowdrop HATES being syringed. She goes mental, kicks and wont open her mouth. They just spits it all back out as soon as you let her go.

If I disguise it in food she wont touch it, if I mix it in recovery food for her to have from a bowl she will ignore it.

Tonight I tried making some porridge, mixing in some banana and adding the medicine- she loved it!!!

Technically she shouldnt have banana cos of her stomach but I do give her a tiny bit as a treat once a week and it doesnt cause her any trouble.

So pleased I finally have something that works and I dont have to try and wrestle her to get metacam down her!

You have to wrestle metacam down her :shock: Wowee Snowdrop is one naughty bunny, most buns try and wrestle the syringe off you they love it so much!

I've made porridge with antibiotic sauce before now as well, works a treat doesn't it :lol: So glad you've found a stress-free way of giving Snowdrop her medicine :)

You have to wrestle metacam down her :shock: Wowee Snowdrop is one naughty bunny, most buns try and wrestle the syringe off you they love it so much!

I've made porridge with antibiotic sauce before now as well, works a treat doesn't it :lol: So glad you've found a stress-free way of giving Snowdrop her medicine :)

She wont even take Septrin from a syringe and its banana flavour and yummy! Even I am tempted by it! I have tried disguising it in all sorts of foods and she wont eat them if they have any sort of medicine in!

Strawberry on the other handwould have your arm off for a lick of Metacam!

I just hope it works for panacur as that is another one she hates!

Back