• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any bonding vibes to spare - Artie and Esme *Foot thumping, growling - bottled it :(

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Well, I'm determined this time. Soooo many times I've thought I would bond these two then I've had to either work or rush one or other to the vets. I hardly dare utter the word "bonding" as it seems to tempt fate :shock:

Anyhow, I'm starting a new job soon so have decided it is best for my little buddies if they are bonded so they could be better company for each other while I'm out.

I can't tell you how scared I am (anybody who has followed the saga knows this too well). They are so precious and the thought of them hurting each other is just too upsetting.

I really have to do this tomorrow and not chicken out, it's really my last good opportunity - I have 5 days free without work so .....

Bonding vibes appreciated :shock::shock::shock:

Last edited:
Sending you huge vibes. I know from my own experience recently that it can be very stressful, but I hope you can remain strong and calm and that all goes well with your bunnies tomorrow.

Good luck
x

Sending you huge vibes. I know from my own experience recently that it can be very stressful, but I hope you can remain strong and calm and that all goes well with your bunnies tomorrow.

Good luck
x

Thank you. It's so terrifying the thought of them getting harmed but I have no reason to think this would happen, they are both laid back and have always been amicable. I think I will need a tranquilliser :?

Thank you. It's so terrifying the thought of them getting harmed but I have no reason to think this would happen, they are both laid back and have always been amicable. I think I will need a tranquilliser :?

I know the feeling. As was said to me recently though, they can pick up on our anxieties, so try to be calm (easier said than done, feel like pot calling the kettle black as I lost it completely when mine fought).

Just remember that they are laid back and amicable so as you said no reason to fear the worst...and hopefully all will go smoothly. I hope they are soon loved up bunnies. x

I'll be sending you lots of calming vibes throughout the day tomorrow, Alison. ;)

As already said, the buns can tell when you're feeling anxious and I'm sure my panicking all the time made things worse when I rebonded Alfie and Bubbles. :oops:

good luck for the bonding:D

i didn't find eric & esme too traumatic during the first few weeks at all (they had their moments but i had the water spray;)). just wish i knew why they'd had such a huge bust up today:?

:wave: Thank you Karen and Denise, much appreciated.

I was thinking I'd have to be away from RU for the duration as in a different room to the computer but I *may* be able to borrow a laptop - so I can keep asking stupid questions :oops::oops:

Last edited:
good luck for the bonding:D

i didn't find eric & esme too traumatic during the first few weeks at all (they had their moments but i had the water spray;)). just wish i knew why they'd had such a huge bust up today:?

Thanks. Sorry, to hear this, I hope they settle down quickly.

I was thinking I'd have to be away from RU for the duration as in a different room to the computer but I *may* be able to borrow a laptop - so I keen keep asking stupid questions :oops::oops:

Noooo, you need a laptop, we want regular updates. :lol::lol:

Noooo, you need a laptop, we want regular updates. :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: My hands will probably be sweating too much to type to start off with. I will of course have a camera with empty card and warmed up batteries but not sure if my dad's laptop can read the card ... I may have to delay the wedding photos.

Grief, am I REALLY talking seriously about bonding them :shock::shock::shock:

Good Luck!!! You will do fine!!
_hugs__by_Synfull.gif

you'll be fine, and I'm sure the bunnies will be too. Just keep calm and don't panic. I only wish I was closer and I'd come up tomorrow to give you a hand.

you'll be fine, and I'm sure the bunnies will be too. Just keep calm and don't panic. I only wish I was closer and I'd come up tomorrow to give you a hand.

Thanks! If you were closer I'd take you up on it.:lol::lol:

I've got a kind of long handled duster/brush thing to part them with if necessary - I bet they'd really love to play with it as well.

Esme's really cute, if Artie disappears out of her view in the evening she often runs around or peers around to try and see him - I'm convinced she's smitten:love:

I reckon Alison that it will be easier than you think ;) I'm home all day Thursday & Friday, so will keep popping on to see how you're doing :)

Can't wait to see the wedding pics :love:

I reckon Alison that it will be easier than you think ;) I'm home all day Thursday & Friday, so will keep popping on to see how you're doing :)

Can't wait to see the wedding pics :love:

Thank you.

One part of me is convinced they will just ignore then gradually start getting friendly, the other part of me is just terrified.

I've convinced myself from stuff I've read that it would need one to boss and the other to take offence before a fight. I can't see Esme asserting herself with him if he shows he wants to be boss ... but, hey, who knows. I think Tink and Rudy are a fairly even partnership, I hope these two will be the same :)

Back