• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

something else ticked off this list

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
well i've been trying to narrow down petals problems, noone has really been able to give me contructive advice at dealing with petals aggression. she had a check over with the vet last night and he found nothing medically wrong with her. they don't know of any rabbit behaviourists over here but he's going to speak to the vet who deals more in small animals and see if she can think of anything. there is hardly any information for dealing with extreme territoral rabbits, are there even any books? It's getting to stage where i'm thinking i might take up psychology myself.

Was last night's check the only check? It may be worth more extensive checks if so, e.g. blood tests or x-rays/scans, there are health problems that can be quite hard to diagnose from an external examination

yeah understand, but she's perfectly healthy, she eats well, poops, pees. she runs flat out and jumps and never gives any indication of pain. i had at one point thought it had something to do with her eyesight but she can see me waving across the room and comes running over. she has selective hearing but certainly can hear the treat tub being opened. the vet checked her back, her paws her tummy. felt for spurs on her teeth, checked her nose and eyes. i just feel lost.

do they? well might try and research a good one. i even thought she was just bored but she doesn't play with toys. i've tried serenum and it didn't help so i doubt rescue remedie will plus she can't live on the stuff, i've tried holding her down, it just makes her even more angry, i've tried wearing thick gardening gloves and letting her bite as much as she wanted she just kept at it.

Back