• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit pics from the show

Char-x

Wise Old Thumper
I went to a tendrin hundred show in the summer. Took lots of pics of the rabbits they had there - not in great cages, poor things, with everyone staring at them. But thought you guys may want to take a look :)

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00751.jpg

DSC00752.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00754.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

I wasnt happy with the floor :(
DSC00756.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

This is a rabbit that my mums friend owns, shes really rich and she lets him run around all over the house and it eats the expensive wood banisters etc :lol:

DSC00995.jpg

Wow, those cages are tiny! and the flooring :shock::shock::shock:
i hope they werent in them for long...
Great photos, lovely buns :)

The cages are tiny, but luckily at most shows the'yre only in there for a few hours.

The floor is to stop bedding get tangled up in the long haired breeds, some rabbits actually prefer this type of flooring.

And is that a Thrianta I see :love::love::love:

Just to add I'm not pro-showing, far from it. Its just something my boyfriend booked for our anniversary date (he thought it was just the horse show).

I hated seeing the buns in them cages to be honest, but now I do get that long haired breeds wouldnt like to be wet etc.

Guinea pigs werent in much better cages either :evil:

Just thought you would all like to see some gorge buns :D:D:love:

The cages are tiny, but luckily at most shows the'yre only in there for a few hours.

The floor is to stop bedding get tangled up in the long haired breeds, some rabbits actually prefer this type of flooring.

Demi, how can you say the rabbits prefer this type of flooring???? I think some of the owners disagree as they have at least put a lot of hay in the bottom.

Sorry dont want to offend people that show but personally i couldnt put any of my babies through that. :?

anti shows here..making rabbits travel and shutting them in tiny cages,,then being man-handled by strangers so their owners can go home with a rosette..awful

Went to a cat show once and thought the same of that

Well they can't really put up masses of huge hutches all over during a show either. :roll: Even cats are caged in shows, and they do fine. :3
I wouldn't have taken my buns to a show where they'd have to be on wire floor (then again I have rexes but even if I did have a longhair...) Luckily in Norwegian shows all rabbits are in the same wooden-floor cages. Angoras tend to get a whole bunch of sawdust in their fur but at least the judges should understand that's not the owner's fault :lol: (I do believe they put straw in there sometimes too so it won't happen so much, even if I get the feeling straw has an even bigger tendency to get stuck in the fur:roll:)

Well they can't really put up masses of huge hutches all over during a show either. :roll: Even cats are caged in shows, and they do fine. :3
I wouldn't have taken my buns to a show where they'd have to be on wire floor (then again I have rexes but even if I did have a longhair...) Luckily in Norwegian shows all rabbits are in the same wooden-floor cages. Angoras tend to get a whole bunch of sawdust in their fur but at least the judges should understand that's not the owner's fault :lol: (I do believe they put straw in there sometimes too so it won't happen so much, even if I get the feeling straw has an even bigger tendency to get stuck in the fur:roll:)

They could always not show Rabbits :roll:

In my opinion, subjecting rabbits to this kind of treatment is an indication of either cruelty or ignorance.:evil: I'm really sorry for the bunnies.:cry:

I reckon that the rabbits would actually prefer not to have ridiculously unnaturally long fur in the first place...I'd be more in favour of not breeding long haired breeds, so that this problem doesn't exist :)

There are some gorgeous buns there though :love: but I do firmly fall on the anti-showing side of the fence.

Trifle, anyone? ;)

Back