• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My Baby Girl Michelle

tomswife29

Young Bun
Please send your love and prayers and good vibes for my little girl michelle. shes my first bunny, ive had her for 6 years now, and we've been through a lot together. I took her into the vet today and found out she has cancer (there is a tumor attatched to her groin area). The vet did x-rays and thinks she might have a couple tumors in her lungs, but isnt sure if they are abscess' or something else. she said michelles best chance is surgery to remove the tumor on her groin.she said her chances of making it through the surgery are better than not making it, but im so scared. i dont know how im going to get through this:-( i cant go 2 minutes without crying im such a mess. i feel like my heart is broken in 2.:cry::cry::cry:

Aww tomswife your post broke my heart, that is so sad, I am so sorry for you.
I would advise that you show your little sweetheart how much you love her, sometimes it helps to explain to them, but (I know how hard it is) try not to cry infront of her, she will sense your agony and may start feeling depressed.
It does sound like the surgery is the best option as without it she may not make it.
Feel free to pm me if you need a shoulder to cry on. I know how hard this must be, Jimby is my world.

yes she is spayed. thank you for your vibes. im trying not to cry in front of her im trying be be possitive but its hard to look at her and think what if these are the last kisses ill ever give her, or the last time i see her cleaning herself. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Right now you need to try and stay positive, there is an option avaliable and it is most likely her best option, so you need to be guilded by your vet and do what is in her best intrest because you love her.
She would not want you to be sad sweetie, she loves you too and wants you to be happy.

So sorry to hear your sad news. :cry:

I really hope her surgery is successful.

I know you must be devastated but try to stay strong for Michelle - she needs you. X

Will be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well. X

I'm so sorry you're going through this, I know only too well that scary feeling you have.
I really hope the surgery goes well. Lots of nose rubs and vibes for Michelle.

x

So sorry to hear about your bunny Michelle, sending her mega vibes that all goes well for her Op. At least you have an option my bunny Danny could not have the Op because it was to dangerous where the tumor was to operate on him.

i just got her blood results today to make sure shes okay to do the surgery, and her blood came out okay, but she has e. cuniculi on top of the cancer.:cry: as if things couldnt get worst. does anyone have any experience with this? my vet said after her surgery we will deal with it but i looked it up online and there seems to be no cure. im so devastated i cannot believe this is happening to my baby.

i just got her blood results today to make sure shes okay to do the surgery, and her blood came out okay, but she has e. cuniculi on top of the cancer.:cry: as if things couldnt get worst. does anyone have any experience with this? my vet said after her surgery we will deal with it but i looked it up online and there seems to be no cure. im so devastated i cannot believe this is happening to my baby.

Does she have any symptoms of EC- Headtilt, weak back legs, urinary incontinence, drinking alot ?

50% of Pet Rabbits will blood test 'positive' for EC but it does not mean they have an active infection, just that they have been exposed to the parasite at some time during their life.

If she had no clinical symptoms to point toward 'active' EC then just one blood test showing a raised titre does NOT mean she has active infection.
If she was asymptomatic as far as EC is concerned then a course of a benzimidazole anthelmintic (in the UK we use Fenbendazole) would be a good idea.

I hope she makes a good recovery from surgery :)

Back