• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ill Desmond update - advice please??

LolasMummy

Mama Doe
My hubby put this in health but i know lots of people dont look there so:

We have just got back from vets.

Desmond has got spurs :cry:

He is having a dental tommorrow am.

He was sent home on Metacam and Bio-lapis for tonight.

Tommorrow he will have the GA, metacam and gut stimulant and then come home.

Anything that i need to request etc?

We are taking Lola in with him for a bit of reasurrance and also because their bond is a little delicate :(

I am so worried :cry:

Last edited:
sounds like its all covered.. sending loads of vibes xxxx

i highly recommend parsley to get him eating again :D

will try that!

oh and i know kale is a taboo word on here that gets alvin interested in food too ;)

i did find that the one time alvin had a dental for spurs he seemed manic eating hay after a few hours of waking up at home so lots of lovely fresh hay too :D

dont forget to keep us updated :wave::wave:

oh and i know kale is a taboo word on here that gets alvin interested in food too ;)

i did find that the one time alvin had a dental for spurs he seemed manic eating hay after a few hours of waking up at home so lots of lovely fresh hay too :D

dont forget to keep us updated :wave::wave:

Shhhhh he is currently being offered Kale. To be honest i will give him anything to eat tonight as he is eating so little :(

Lola is liking the eat whatever you fancy evening! :roll:

Lots of fresh hay at the vets then and here at home!

Thanks for the advice!

Thank you :)

You were right with your diagnosis too so thank you!

I am so pleased its nothing more serious :)

Does the medication sound right to you?

Yes, some Rabbits are a bit sore in their mouth after a Dental and benefit from being prescribed Metacam for 2-3 days. But others are fine and eat as normal straight away.

If your Vet finds that the spurs have caused soft tissue damage (cheek/tongue) then I'd definately ask for 2-3 days of 'take home' Metacam to give him.

Yes, some Rabbits are a bit sore in their mouth after a Dental and benefit from being prescribed Metacam for 2-3 days. But others are fine and eat as normal straight away.

If your Vet finds that the spurs have caused soft tissue damage (cheek/tongue) then I'd definately ask for 2-3 days of 'take home' Metacam to give him.

Think i will get some take home and give it to him for a couple of days becuase i would worry he was in pain and just couldnt show me.

:wave: Hello fellow dental bun Mum:) I know how your feeling, but your vet sounds very rabbit savvy.

Good luck tomorrow,I will be on here for updates:oops:

Hope all goes well for the dental, bless him. Sounds like he will be properly pampered! ;)

Shall keep an eye out for updates. :D x

Back