• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Potatoes??

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Can buns have potato?

Just noticed that tesco's carrot and swede is now root vegetables.

Just wondering if I need to take the potatoes out before I give the buns it?

I can't quite put my finger on it but I have a feeling raw potato is toxic; that much starch wouldn't be good for them in any case so I would deffo take the potato out :)

I can't quite put my finger on it but I have a feeling raw potato is toxic; that much starch wouldn't be good for them in any case so I would deffo take the potato out :)

I'm sure I've heard before that every part of the potatoe plant is dangerous for rabbits

Last edited:
I make a yummy bran and cooked potato mix for the piggys in winter as a treat :D

when i was a child our rabbit was fed on this in the winter as an extra food ... lived to be about 8 yrs old ...that was a good age for a bun in those days..and he never once went to a vet :)

when i was a child our rabbit was fed on this in the winter as an extra food ... lived to be about 8 yrs old ...that was a good age for a bun in those days..and he never once went to a vet :)

Must be why all my piggys are living so long :D It looks good, I've actually been quite tempted myself.......;)

Back