• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leo's having his incisors out tomorrow! U/D Post 15

Amy.

Alpha Buck
We've discussed with our vet, and decided it's best he has them removed. He's been having them done every 3 weeks, although ideally it'd be 2 weeks... So tomorrow we're off to the vets to have them out!
I know some people on here have gummy buns, and i was just wondering how they get on without them? I know cleaning is going to be a bit of a problem, but Roxy has been giving his head and back a groom recently! :love: I'll just have to be extra careful with his bottom, especially in summer.
And just to add to the stress, i have my college interview as well, great!
Any vibes welcome!

Last edited:
I had a bun with no incisors when I was a teenager and he coped ok. He did get a messy bum at times but then again through my lack of knowledge he didnt have the best diet.

He used to eat carrots if we grated them but wouldnt eat any hay.

Lenny had his incisors removed, he's like any other bunny really. The only change is we grate his carrot for him! :lol:

Lots of vibes for the op! :wave:

Baloo, in my siggy, is a gummy bunny:love: I just try to make sure his hay is loose so it is easy for him to pull and he eats his veggies cut up into bite size pieces, or grated, in the case of carrot. You wouldn't know he was any different from the others. He keeps himself very clean but does enjoy a good back scratch:)
{{{Vibes}}} for you little guy's surgery tomorrow and good luck on your interview!

Well, he's home! Not looking too happy though, there's a bit of swelling around his mouth. He's not eating at the moment either. I've offered him some grated carrot and finely chopped leafy bits, and he's tried to eat them but is obviously very sore and just left them. I'll keep offering bits and pieces every hour or so, but is there anything else i can do? We'll be going back to the vets if we can't get him eating by tomorrow. :(

:( lenny was eating the evening we got him home, however he was very swollen in the face.

Lots of hungry vibes for little Leo :wave:

you may find that they are too tender at first and he may need syringe feeding CAREFULLY.

i had a gummy bunny and she was just great - and a little piglet. She really flounced around if you didn't grate her carrot quick enough!

you may find that they are too tender at first and he may need syringe feeding CAREFULLY.

i had a gummy bunny and she was just great - and a little piglet. She really flounced around if you didn't grate her carrot quick enough!

Okay, i'll give that a go if i can't get him eating in a few hours. What sort of things can i put in the syringe?

I usually just soak their normal pellets until mushy and add a bit of probiotic. I find this easier to syringe and more palatable that recovery or critical care. You can also try a little bit of porridge made with water, mixed with a little mushed banana if he likes it- not too much of this though :)

Thanks Everyone :) I went out with my syringe all ready, and first tried offering him a bit of carrot and leafy greens for about the 7th time, and then he started eating it! This morning he's much brighter and he's had some pellets and various different vegtables chopped up. :)

Back