• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new

Kareena

Warren Scout
Hi, I just noticed this part for introducing yourself. We bought our first rabbit at the end of august, a baby girl from a petshop Leuki. I just seen her and fell in love, I didn't realise at the time that it wasn't good to buy from petshops. She is such a lovable character though that I don't regret it at all (and the vet has said she is healthy thankfully). I was told in the petshop that a single rabbit is better, (I wanted to get 2 for company). After researching a bit I realised that she should have company and although she is with us most of the day, at night she was alone. So last week we adopted a 4 month old rabbit from FatFluffs, (his name was Nugget but we, with permission, changed it to Samba). Last night is the first time I noticed them snuggling up, even sharing the chair which before was the only thing they were fighting over! It's so lovely to see them both together.
I hope to get to know you all and your rabbits!!
Amee

:wave:
Welcome both - this place is a fount of knowledge :lol:

Seriously though, you will find a lot of help on here. :)

Welcome kareena :wave: I'm new myself joined up yesterday, already had good vibes from this site:D

New too!

Hi there, I'm new too! I was pointed in this direction by somebody on the budgie site I'm also on and it looks great! My name is Rachael and I have two cute little 'girls' as i call them, flops, and tufty. I obviously also have budgies, 4 of them in fact, and a cockatiel and a dog!
I had a lovely male rabbit before I got the girls but the two of them seem to present more questions that I need answers to.
I've been looking at some of the posts and I keep seeing 'binky', what does that mean or am i being naive?!!!

Hi there, I'm new too! I was pointed in this direction by somebody on the budgie site I'm also on and it looks great! My name is Rachael and I have two cute little 'girls' as i call them, flops, and tufty. I obviously also have budgies, 4 of them in fact, and a cockatiel and a dog!
I had a lovely male rabbit before I got the girls but the two of them seem to present more questions that I need answers to.
I've been looking at some of the posts and I keep seeing 'binky', what does that mean or am i being naive?!!!

Hiya!!! A binky is the jump that bunnies make when theyre happy...they leap and twist their bodies..can be big...can be tiny...all the same,its a Binky!! (My o/h nick name is Binky...been called it for 41 yrs!!)
Welcome to RU!!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

Hiya!!! A binky is the jump that bunnies make when theyre happy...they leap and twist their bodies..can be big...can be tiny...all the same,its a Binky!! (My o/h nick name is Binky...been called it for 41 yrs!!)
Welcome to RU!!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

Ahh! Now I see, oh yes, i love that,just didnt know it was called Binky!:D Thank you for the welcome!

Hi Kareena and welcome! Thanks for the suggestion re: veg to try to gain trust from my Reg. He's been out this afternoon and spotted some spring greens on me. I managed to achieve a fuss and he layed down after i tickled behind his ear. I'm not sure if he did this out of fear or comfort?? he let me kiss his head :p which I used as my parting move so as not to push my luck too much. When I got up he paused a while and then went to sniff the garden. I have got him a new toy today and i put a nice lot of fresh timothy hay in his hutch so i hope he associates these with having close human contact. We'll keep doing this each time he comes out and maybe the times that he runs away will become fewer??? I just hope a visit to the vets doesn't push him back too many steps if we build on this.

Thanks for all the replies!! It's nice to be so welcomed I would post pictures except I have no idea how too on this site though I did try! Lilobun I hope it works for you, I'm trying the same tactics with our new bun and it seems to be working!

Back