• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dwarf lop, mini lop, holland lop

William

Wise Old Thumper
I always get this confused, what's the order it goes in? (from smallest to biggest) Is it like this mini>holland>dwarf? My Izzy is about 5 or 6 lbs probably.. so he's a holland?

hi i notice your from america, im not sure but in usa i thought it was holland (smallest), then dwarf then mini

over in uk our smallest being known as the mini lop then the dwarf lop :wave:

In the US, Holland Lops:love: are the smallest and Mini Lops are the next size up. As far as I know, there is no Dwarf Lop in the US:?
In the UK, Mini Lops are the same size as Hollands and Dwarf Lops are the size of the Mini Lops in the US. It's a little confusing:lol:

Yeah in the UK dwarf lops don't have the dwarf gene, and are actually quite large. Mini lops are small and they have the dwarf gene :)

I read that mini lops originated from Holland, hence the name, just people outside of holland started calling them mini's :)

I always get this confused, what's the order it goes in? (from smallest to biggest) Is it like this mini>holland>dwarf? My Izzy is about 5 or 6 lbs probably.. so he's a holland?

Izzy is most likely a mini lop. CoCo was a Holland Lop, she weighed nearly 3 pounds.

Back