• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lining hutch floors

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Charlies hutch floors are getting a bit worn from him scratching them now, so what can I use?
I'd like lino but worried about price and him chewing it?

Want something thats clean and safe :wave: And as cheap as possible!

What are my options? :D

What I use is really good, and pretty darn cheap too! I use a few of those thin plasticy mats people put under their dog bowls. They're unchewable, really easy to clean, protect the hutch from getting stained and absorbing bad smells.

Carpet was suggested to me

My rabs eat everything so I line it (hutch)with newspaper and hay ' cept Flora pushes out all the hay and tears up the paper At least it keeps her happy and busy.

venice

Our charity shop sells some carpet tiles for 10p each! They are tough and hard wearing and my buns love them.

I lined mine with lino tiles. You can pick them up very cheapily and they are very sticky. I havent had any problems with the buns digging at them or chewing them and I have 2 diggers and 1 chewer.

I can't use bits of carpet - Charlie chews it like mad if I'm not watching him like a hawk :roll:

Where can you get the lino tiles?

I got the poundshop vinyl tiles a few weeks ago. Took forever to lay, and now they've nearly all come up. Even worse, now theres bits of bedding stuck to the bottom of them.

If you do get self adhesive tiles, I reccomend using no more nails under

Back