• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need your word of wisdom guys...

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
...as my brain has decided to stop working! :roll:

Do you think that it would be ok to paint the guy's wendy houses with gloss paint. OBVIOUSLY I would only use gloss on the outside and on the sides the bunny's didn't have direct access to (i.e. not the side their run is attached to).

Do you think it would be waterproof?

The reason I as is that we have just had our kitchen door replaced and the old one has been sitting in the garden for a couple of days and I noticed that the rain just ran off it.

Ta :)

Exterior gloss paint would work, its what I used to do the outside woodwork of my house with before I went all UPVC.

Well, I didn't go UPVC but the window frames on my house did !!

Exterior gloss paint would work, its what I used to do the outside woodwork of my house with before I went all UPVC.

Well, I didn't go UPVC but the window frames on my house did !!

Thanks Jane,

Do YOU think it's better to use that than wood treatment? We have been using Cuprinol Shades but have still found a few damp patches inside some of the houses. Do you think exterior gloss paint would work better? x

Thanks Jane,

Do YOU think it's better to use that than wood treatment? We have been using Cuprinol Shades but have still found a few damp patches inside some of the houses. Do you think exterior gloss paint would work better? x

Oh gawd I have no idea which would be better :?
If there is already a wood treatment on then I guess gloss paint on top would give an additional water barrier :?

You can tell I have great DIY skills cant you....................... :oops:

Back