• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another ridiculous idea? Rabbit ear plugs?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I'm going to regret thinking of this, but what about...

Ear plugs...

For rabbits?

A lot of bunnies are frightened to death from very loud noises, would these help?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, I'm having a slow day :lol: ...

Erm..... bunnies are not humans. They would not understand why they were wearing ear plugs and would end up more confused and stressed.

The potential for them also causing real damage to their ear canals is fairly great I would think.

Last edited:
Erm..... bunnies are not humans. They would not understand why they were wearing ear plugs and would end up more confused and stressed.

The potential for them also causing real damage to their ear canals is fairly great I would think.

Would this happen even with soft ear plugs though?

And yeah, they probably would just take them out themselves

what about the ones you get for horses that cover the ears?:lol:

then again they would probably just rip them apart!

They shouldn't be left in a situation where they're faced with constant noise! I think sorting that out would be the kindest and safest solution.

The best option is to expose them to different noises and experiences in a controlled way so they aren't frightened by unexpected loud noises.

sorry i think htat the chance of damage to the buns ear would be quite a concern, also it could get stuck to far in and becaus ebun wont know what is going on will probebly panic you forget that rabbit hearing is one of their key safety features ie they use it to warn them of danger and would prob be more scared if couldnt hear..

They shouldn't be left in a situation where they're faced with constant noise! I think sorting that out would be the kindest and safest solution.

Totally agree, yet have to say that I'm amazed at how little reaction my rabbits show to loud noise.

A neighbour at the very bottom of my garden (right next to the rabbit sheds) had a very loud firework display this weekend.
I've had flu this week, so felt like death, but ended up setting up carriers and crates to bring 10 rabbits into the house away from the noise - by the time we'd bought them all in the display was all over,and the rabbits didn't seem at all bothered.:roll::roll:

Back