• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Spike & Kiki

luvabun

Warren Veteran
Unfortunately I couldn't take in everything Uncle Ivan was saying about Spike as I was too wrapped up in my own issues :oops: . When I picked Kiki up, she kicked me full on and caught my eyeball with one of her nails. I drove to the Vets, covering one eye as I was unable to see as I was blinking so much. It was Ivan that said I really needed to see the Doctor as it wasn't good and could be infected etc. So, docs visit, tests, ointment and a patch later, my eye is hopefully OK. I may go back tomorrow as I've been like a mogwai at work today i.e. unable to cope with bright lights.

Anyway, Ivan did a tear duct flush and felt that it's a tooth root issue for Spike. Spike has also lost a bit of weight (always an issue for my gummy bun with wonky back teeth) so I need to build him up before he can have another dental. Ivan did say that 1 dental a year is good going for a bun with such teeth issues so I felt a bit better there. So he's on metacam then will see Uncle Ivan in a couple of weeks.

We're now trying Kiki on Bislovin as well as Ceporex. Apart from the wound on her nose, you wouldn't know there was anything wrong with my feisty little kicker :love:

As for Totts... when I fed them this morning, he was in a real deep sleep so I poked him to make sure he was alive :oops:

Welcome to planet paranoia :oops:

Crikey what are your Buns trying to do to you Jill !! :shock:

Talk about stress !!

One Dental a year is an amazing achievement for a Bun like Spike.
I hope the new meds help Kiki.

Oh, and I hope your eye gets better very soon

xx

Gosh! :shock: Hope you're eye will be ok!

Glad to hear that things aren't *too* bad with the buns...as Ivan and Jane said, 1 dental a year is a great achievement and a credit to you.

Hope you're ok (apart from the obvious!) xxx

Exactly Jane, plus the pretty boys have rewarded me for letting them have free range of the bedroom to live in... they have trashed pillows, sheets, duvet covers and now the duvet :shock: ... none of it cheap... little gits.

My Sis can't believe that I'm being so indulgent with them all after the damage they've done to me and my property :lol: ... she describes me as a "progressive mother" :lol:

Gosh! :shock: Hope you're eye will be ok!

Glad to hear that things aren't *too* bad with the buns...as Ivan and Jane said, 1 dental a year is a great achievement and a credit to you.

Hope you're ok (apart from the obvious!) xxx
Hi Erin. I had to wear my eye patch to work today and it was priceless when this 4 year old passenger took one look at me and said "oo-aargh" in her best pirate voice :lol:

Back